VeggieBoards banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone!

I am new to the vegan lifestyle. I stopped eating dairy and gluten 6 months ago, as a weight loss method, and recently decided I was a little repulsed by eating animal products....so here I am.

I am noticing I love the changes I am seeing, and have always been a produce girl, so no probs there.

Just wanted to say hi and introduce myself!

Sarah

·
Registered
2,521 Posts
'Produce girl ahoy!'
Me too, good to meet you. Have you become more aware of other issues surrounding veg*nism since your switch?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Piratemoon!

Oh I absolutely have. Before making the change, I had this really sick feeling about eggs and meat..just was feeling it was not ok for me to eat those things any longer. That feeling came out of nowhere, I had always eaten meat and never had this concern until recently. I am just appauled at the treatment of the animals and could not see myself every going back.

My family is super supportive, for the most part..my dad thinks Ive gone off the deep end! My mom is awesome, has always focused on total health and gave me alot of her vegan cookbooks, as a token of acceptance, although she is not a vegan any longer.

Some folks I am sure will see this as extreme, but I guess Im an extreme person. It just works for me

·
Registered
20,217 Posts
Welcome to VB!
Congrats on making the switch, and it's great your mom is so supportive!

·
Registered
160 Posts
Welcome sarahelizabeth! My first and middle name is actually Sarah Elizabeth!
That's awesome that your mom is so supportive of your switch. I wish my parents were like that!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts