VeggieBoards banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I feel pretty alone out there in the meat eating land. I too have been looked down on and challenged about my choice not to eat meat.
I stopped eating animals over 10 years ago. I still ate chickens.. its saddens me to say.
This went on for the past 8 years.. so 2 years full veggie i suppose.
I live in a rural place and this is what has spurred me to try to find some people who understand my stress when lambs and sheep are separated. The noise is deafening outside at the moment.
It upsets me so much. Anyway briefly this is why i joined. Hope i am in the right place. :)

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you for your reply. I have moved here over the past few months the country is bad to live in when you care about animals. Nice to meet you Quiet-Vegan

·
Impeach the gangster
10,052 Posts
I too live in a rural setting (small town,) and I'm the only veg-head I know. You've found the right place to commune with like-minded souls. Welcome to VeggieBoards! Anglesey? Is that Wales?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes, I have been a bit of a roamer lived all over the UK we moved here about 3 months ago so yes Anglesey Wales. Its beautiful here today. I must admitt i do feel isolated being a veggie and animal lover. The lambs have been taken now so there is a subdued silence out there apart from the odd cry. I feel so helpless to help them. People look at me as if i am mad when it comes to my love for animals. When its becoming more and more apparent that even though i was one of them .. people think its ok to murder and slaughter animals. Eat them and not question where the slab of meat came from on their plate.
I find it so sick. Thank you for your welcomes. I will look round the boards. I have a very busy life but no where to turn with my feelings around animals and being a veggie. I am so glad i found this place.xxx

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Oh i didn't know thank you !! I will try them out. We dont go out much work on line most of the time. But my birthday is coming up so i will hint heavily about these restaurants. Thank you :)

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hello Bensmum, i can relate to you absolutely, i used to live in a village in Hungary, surrounded by neighbors raising animals for food..and many things have chanced, since i grew up and left, but this hasn't...i could never move back there. I love animals so much too, and i have days when i just cry myself to sleep, empathizing with them and feel helpless..i wish i could help and end their suffering right now, make people love and respect them the way like many of us do. I don't know about your circumstances but it may helped you living there if you could buy one mother sheep with her lamb from the farmer and give them a happy life. But i know finances makes it impossible for many of us to do so ( i keep my hopes up though that one day i can afford to give many animals a happy life and care). I read about farmers who eventually gave up their businesses and became advocates because they made that connection with the animals - some people do change! Have you ever met the farmer who owns the sheep? Maybe i am being too optimistic but you never know, if that person got to know you , you could be the one who opens his/her eyes,heart. I am aware that these kind of things don't happen over night, but life might have a mission for you by moving you right there.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hello Norkia, what a lovely reply. Thank you. I need to be careful as i have just moved into the area and no one knows i done this and here i am risking putting it on the net.
I have reported him. To the RSPCA I observed 4 of his sheep with broken legs.
The RSPCA came down and looked around his land. The sheep were laying down so he could not tell which ones were suffering. I understand that many people have reported him.
Money is an issue at the moment but that is a wonderful idea. I would love to save one well all of them.. !! but one is a start. We have discussed this my partner and me.
I can cope with many things but not the suffering of animals. I am lucky to live here. apart from the sheep. :)

·
Registered
217 Posts
Welcome. Everyone here is very nice and supportive. Hope you find many helpful tips as you navigate the boards. :)

·
Registered
9 Posts
Well done for letting know the RSPCA ! I hope those poor little sheep will get medical care now. Sheep can be as affectionate as dogs. Used to one of my friends in Hungary had a pet sheep , and every time i went to visit them the sheep came to the gate, and pushed away the doggy so she gets the strokes first :) she was so cute , she got on well with the dog, but when someone was around she was jealous of the dog and she wanted all the attention for herself! I also met calves there who licked my hand and were soooo hungry for love, i stroked their little heads. Unfortunately my friends mum was a "live stock retailer", but since that her business went bankrupt, they even had to sell their house but that is another story.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts