VeggieBoards banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello!
I just joined and thought I would introduce myself.
It was my new years resolution to become a vegetarian, so I am really new at this and any advice would be MUCH appreciated.
I guess technically I'm a pesco-vegetarian.. but I didn't eat fish even before I became a vegetarian... so it doesn't matter.
Anyways, I'm a 19 year old college student in Texas!
Thank you!

·
Registered
72 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebbveg View Post

Hello!
I just joined and thought I would introduce myself.
It was my new years resolution to become a vegetarian, so I am really new at this and any advice would be MUCH appreciated.
I guess technically I'm a pesco-vegetarian.. but I didn't eat fish even before I became a vegetarian... so it doesn't matter.
Anyways, I'm a 19 year old college student in Texas!
Thank you!
Hello and welcome to VeggieBoards!
Are there any specific questions that you would like to be answered? I am a 19 old college student in Iowa. :p So, do you still eat fish in your diet or not? I was a bit confused by that sentence.
Nice to meet you; there's a lot of good information on VB, so feel free to ask anything, people are generally helpful and friendly to answer any questions that you might have.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have never liked fish... but I would probably eat it if I had to, unlike meat. Like tuna salad or whatever, something that doesn't taste like fish.
Since you are also a college student: do you have any easy meal suggestions?

·
Registered
72 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebbveg View Post

I have never liked fish... but I would probably eat it if I had to, unlike meat. Like tuna salad or whatever, something that doesn't taste like fish.
Since you are also a college student: do you have any easy meal suggestions?
If you don't like fish, then I don't see any reason why you should eat it. :p There are plenty of options to choose from that don't have any animal flesh in them at all!
Are you on a meal plan at college or no? I have a 19 meals a week here at college, and so I usually pick things that are simple tell if they don't have any meat in them. They usually have at least one veg*n option, sometimes more. If you aren't on a meal plan, I would suggest making things that are healthy and yet easy to prepare, like salads, a bagel sandwich with hummus and veggies, or oatmeal with fresh fruit and soy milk (it's yummy!) Also try to find some ethnic foods in your area; they are usually easy to cook/prepare and very filling. Indian, Mexican and Thai foods are some of the easiest to make vegetarian, while still tasting delicious from the spices.
Try buying things from the bulk section of your grocery store, if you have one, because they are usually a lot cheaper than the name brand things of the same quality. It depends on how much you want to cook on your own time, because sometimes things like beans and grains take longer to cook from the bulk section, but they are better for you.
Hopefully this helps! Let me know if you have any more questions

1 - 4 of 4 Posts