VeggieBoards banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
seeker and optimist
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, oooh I think I love these boards already.

I'm Vera but you may call me Echo. I'm 27 for another 10 days or so. I have a wonderful, homebirthed 16 month old daughter Xochi (so-chee) Eartha and a gentle, loving, kind and caring partner CJ.

I've spent around 8 years of my life vegetarian, and tried veganism for about 1/2 a year. I gave up struggling with my family and friends and resorted back to an omnivorous diet (non-veg meals 2-3 times a month) a couple of years ago. With my prior knowledge I can't personally prepare any kind of meat and prefer not to have in in my house at all. When my daughter started solid foods I had a hard time giving her anything other than a strict vegetarian diet and knew I'd have to get back on the wagon myself soon.

I already had a plethera of vegetarian reading materials/cookbooks and we subscribe to vegetarian magazine (if anyone has any better magazines they'd suggest I'd appreciate it). A few weeks ago after reading Karma Free Eating CJ announced he was no longer going to eat meat
!!! Having the the strength of the whole family seems to make the transition a lot easier for me.

I'm a student of Geography and work a couple of part time jobs on the side. At a vegetarian coffeehouse on the weekends and in the Art dept. on campus.

I look forward to meeting all of you...

love and blessings

echo

·
Registered
7,895 Posts
hi Echo Warrior, I suppose VeganViews is one you could find downloads offline for free if that helps you?....That mag is just one of the main ones that springs to mind (for me anyway, I can't critique it though, too busy to read mags right now).

Anyways, welcome, I like your name, I heard a guy on the radio today on radio1 (or was it TV) who was talking to the english DJ/ or TVpresenter/ whatever, and this american was pronouncing ECO as ECHO!....so there ya go!....Counter-Switch!

·
seeker and optimist
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by VA~goth~UK View Post

Anyways, welcome, I like your name, I heard a guy on the radio today on radio1 (or was it TV) who was talking to the english DJ/ or TVpresenter/ whatever, and this american was pronouncing ECO as ECHO!....so there ya go!....Counter-Switch!
Hi VA goth UK, thank you for the compliments on the name. I don't really have much time to read either, but they're good skimming materials a good starting point when I have no idea what to make for dinner. Today I think I'm going to give the edamame hummus a try... I'd never have thought of that myself!

Thanks everyone for the warm welcome!

ciao

echo

1 - 11 of 11 Posts