VeggieBoards banner

Hello from Southern Ontario

971 views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  ellaj 
#1 ·
Hi everyone!

I'm Amy, and I'm currently venturing into vegetarianism for I think the third time. The first was 9 years ago when I visited a veggie friend in San Francisco. The second was last year, when I was vegetarian from about Easter to Thanksgiving. I just went back to it a few weeks ago and this time I am sticking with it. I've also been cutting way back on processed foods for my family. I don't believe in throwing food in the garbage, but as boxed items in the pantry are used up I am replacing them with a homemade version.

Eating a vegetarian diet makes me feel physically better than eating meat. I like the challenge of making healthy and delicious meals for my family without meat because I know it is ultimately better for our health. I'm also a runner and I'm doing a 5K in Nashville this July and another one near home in October. I'd love to extend my distance to 10K.

I can envision myself transitioning to a vegan diet over time.

I love to grow food and have got my garden going in pretty good shape already this spring, with chard, kale, snow peas and beets all seeded, and currants, rhubarb, garlic chives, lemon balm, thyme and oregano all going gangbusters. Can't wait for the warm weather to get to Southern Ontario so I can really get my food growing!

I'm also training to be a Certified Aromatherapy Health Practitioner and expect to have my aromatherapy massage practice up and running this fall.

Lovely to meet you all and I'm so happy to have found this community! :bobo:

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.