VeggieBoards banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello!

New member here. My name is Alex and I've been a vegetarian for almost a year. This week I just made the next big step: becoming vegan!

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Absolutely not. It's very easy. Regarding the availability of products it's just like in the UK or any country in the western Europe. I buy my food offline, fruits, vegetables, soy milk, tofu cheese and so on but I found it easier to buy house cleaning and personal care products online (vegan stuff is kinda hard to find in regular shops, although you can easily find a lot of bio/organic products). Dining out can be as easy or as difficult as in other countries, it depends on the place you go. A big bonus is the period in which people fast for religious reasons (orthodox christians) - sometimes for weeks - and the market gets flooded with vegan food. :)

·
Registered
15,684 Posts
Welcome to VB! I'm not sure if you are interested in connecting with other local vegetarians in Romania, but there's a branch of the Vegetarian Society in your country. A friend of mine from several years ago organized a group and created a website. He lives in the capital, and his name is Marius Cristian Vasilescu... I think. We've been out of contact for awhile.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thank you! I'm not that much into connecting but I follow their activities online, I even got - through them - a good deal on a book when I became vegetarian.

·
Herbivorous Urchin
9,717 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by greenalex View Post

Hello!

New member here. My name is Alex and I've been a vegetarian for almost a year. This week I just made the next big step: becoming vegan!

My great-grandmother and grandmother were from a village in Romania, welcome.

·
Banned
1,368 Posts
It would be cool to see some pictures from around where you live. I love seeing the places people live. always so interesting

1 - 13 of 13 Posts