VeggieBoards banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone!~

My name is Dawn and i am 17. I may be new here, but i am not new to being a vegetarian. I have -shamefully- been an on and off vegetarian for the past few years. Due to wishing to have a better health and a few ethical reasons, i have turned back to being a vegetarian again~ This thanksgiving will be my second non-meat-eating holiday and i am looking forward to that~ i consider myself a semi-vegetarian or a flexitarian because on occasion but not too often (perhaps once every week or so) i will have meat but it will be a small portion~ I have to admit that i LOVE bacon and that is often the meat that eat every now and then XD
But today actually i discovered "fakin bacon" tempura strips that i think i will over time be able to eat instead of bacon

Thanks for reading and feel free to say hello ^ - ^ b

·
Arrrg! Me mateys.
5,591 Posts
Welcome to VB, Dawn!
Seems there are a bunch of teenagers joining lately, which is awesome.

There's also a teen subforum if you're interested in some support from fellow teens.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by Puppet Master View Post

Welcome to VB, Dawn!
Seems there are a bunch of teenagers joining lately, which is awesome.

There's also a teen subforum if you're interested in some support from fellow teens.
thank you

·
Registered
76 Posts
Hi, welcome to VB. my name is Sam and i'm 17 too. I've been a vegetarian for a little over 3 months now. This is such a great website and you'll talk to so many amazing people.

·
Registered
6,609 Posts
Dawn,

I hope that you will consider going fully vegetarian. Our definition of vegetarian here does not include any meat, poultry, or fish consumption. As you read when you registered, we require that our members be at least vegetarian to post here. It's great, though, that you've cut down your meat consumption so much. Every little bit helps.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1smemae94 View Post

Hi, welcome to VB. my name is Sam and i'm 17 too. I've been a vegetarian for a little over 3 months now. This is such a great website and you'll talk to so many amazing people.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by dormouse View Post

Dawn,

I hope that you will consider going fully vegetarian. Our definition of vegetarian here does not include any meat, poultry, or fish consumption. As you read when you registered, we require that our members be at least vegetarian to post here. It's great, though, that you've cut down your meat consumption so much. Every little bit helps.
i do absolutely plan on going 100% vegetarian, i just plan to do it slowly
over time tends to help if your used to eating meat. The last time i tried being vegetarian, i think i cut out meat too quickly instead of slowly taking it out of my diet~ I haven't eaten any meat at all this week

i was a full vegetarian for about half a year and then bacon and jerky brought me over to the darkside D:<
BUT i have found the most amazing tempeh bacon since then and i am still looking for some good vegetarian jerky~ With those out of the way, i think i can satisfy my occasional meat cravings with vegetarian substitutes

·
Registered
6,609 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ioniafreak View Post

over time tends to help if your used to eating meat. The last time i tried being vegetarian, i think i cut out meat too quickly instead of slowly taking it out of my diet~ I haven't eaten any meat at all this week

i was a full vegetarian for about half a year and then bacon and jerky brought me over to the darkside D:<
BUT i have found the most amazing tempeh bacon since then and i am still looking for some good vegetarian jerky~ With those out of the way, i think i can satisfy my occasional meat cravings with vegetarian substitutes
That's cool then. We are totally understanding of people making slow transitions, as long as your goal is true vegetarianism. We are happy to help you along the way!

·
Registered
10,324 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ioniafreak View Post

As for veggie jerky, I've had these http://www.primalspiritfoods.com/products.php and liked them. Also if you live near an asian market they usually have a decent variety of meatless jerky along with tons of rare and hard to find veggie foods.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by fadeaway1289 View Post

As for veggie jerky, I've had these http://www.primalspiritfoods.com/products.php and liked them. Also if you live near an asian market they usually have a decent variety of meatless jerky along with tons of rare and hard to find veggie foods.
i saw those on a vegan website the other day~ I Really want to try them now that i have heard they are good

and thanks~

·
Registered
34 Posts
I just joined to today! i am 16 years old and have been vegetarian for 3 years! Welcome to veggieboards. Ive been on here like an hour and its really awesome!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts