VeggieBoards banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just thought I'd introduce myself! I am from the western slope of Colorado and I just switched back to being a vegetarian. I didn't eat meat for a year during high school but eventually gave in to pressure from my parents. I ate meat for another 5 years and now I'm back to the vegetarian lifestyle.

Poor times on training runs and a not so good report from my doctor spurred the change. I'm hoping I will soon be as fast as I was before I went back to eating meat and I will see a change in my overall health!

This change has been tough so far. I don't have my freezer cleaned out yet so it's pretty hard for me to look at the meat and leave it. I've been making the change gradual (eating some meat once a week) and I think it helps. Hopefully the cravings stop soon!

·
Registered
8,022 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverQueenCB View Post

If you're from the western slope you can probably guess where I am from based on my screen name!
Yep. a ways from me actually. You could recognize me from UnoveganDMR

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I've got a pretty good idea! Never skied there before though.

On a side note, I went to Monarch for the first times this week. That place is awesome! It's very out of the way but sweet! It's not quite as classy as CB, all of the lifts are low speed, but they have some really good snow.

·
Registered
8,022 Posts
Well, considering your location....

We have 4 local skiing areas. Purgatory, Wolf Creek (i like this one the most), Ski Hesperus and Silverton Mountain as well as tons of backcountry skiing. It's good overall, just not cheap as you can imagine and know.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by unovegan View Post

Well, considering your location....

We have 4 local skiing areas. Purgatory, Wolf Creek (i like this one the most), Ski Hesperus and Silverton Mountain as well as tons of backcountry skiing. It's good overall, just not cheap as you can imagine and know.
I wish we had that many places to ski. CB is ridiculously priced since they are working hard to become a little Aspen. I'm thinking about just buying AT bindings for one pair of skis and not buy a pass next season.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi Unovegan - thanks for the welcome! I'm from Littleton, Co. Just found this site today while I was looking for some interesting new vegan recipes. Always great to find a veggie community!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoriR View Post

Hi Unovegan - thanks for the welcome! I'm from Littleton, Co. Just found this site today while I was looking for some interesting new vegan recipes. Always great to find a veggie community!
Littleton is one of the places I'm considering moving when I move to the area for PA school. I'm coming to look in May and hopefully get a better picture of where I'd like to live. However, from my first impressions of the area I would much rather live in Littleton than Aurora! I am willing to drive to avoid that place!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Quote:

Littleton is one of the places I'm considering moving when I move to the area for PA school. I'm coming to look in May and hopefully get a better picture of where I'd like to live. However, from my first impressions of the area I would much rather live in Littleton than Aurora! I am willing to drive to avoid that place!
Hi SilverQueenCB,
Where is the school located? About the only thing I can say to recommend Aurora is that it's a short drive to the airport from there if you travel alot.
Littleton is a fabulous place to live - hope you enjoy your visit!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoriR View Post

Hi SilverQueenCB,
Where is the school located? About the only thing I can say to recommend Aurora is that it's a short drive to the airport from there if you travel alot.
Littleton is a fabulous place to live - hope you enjoy your visit!
It's the CU medical school. Littleton is about 10 miles from campus. Apparently lots of students live in Aurora. I'm nervous about living in a city since I've lived in a small town my whole life. Luckily it's just 3 years and then I can move back to Gunnison. I wasn't meant to live in the city!

·
Registered
8,022 Posts
Quote:

It's the CU medical school. Littleton is about 10 miles from campus. Apparently lots of students live in Aurora. I'm nervous about living in a city since I've lived in a small town my whole life. Luckily it's just 3 years and then I can move back to Gunnison. I wasn't meant to live in the city!
Just watch out for the drivers. They're nuts there. Especially after living in a small town for awhile. They give Texans a run for their money.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts