VeggieBoards banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all! I've dabbled a bit in the past, but was coerced into coming back again. Happy to be here with all of you.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I dabble because I do everything in moderation. I love Chicago. wouldn't want to live anywhere else. Except in the snowy mountains.

·
Registered
8,022 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sally Boy View Post

I dabble because I do everything in moderation. I love Chicago. wouldn't want to live anywhere else. Except in the snowy mountains.
Who are you???

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
yup, if you know how that works, please let me know.

·
Registered
668 Posts
Hi Sally Boy,

Welcome!!! I grew up in Chicago (Dad was a Chicago Police Narcotics Agent). After I got married, my hubby and I slowly moved farther and farther away from the city. We now live in a small town about 40 miles out. I hate it. I feel so isolated. As soon as we can get rid of the money pit (big house, too expensive) we live in, we're headed back. We're going to the western suburbs (Downers Grove, Hinsdale, Darien, etc.). There are many good vegetarian options in those areas and I can't wait. The only thing I don't like about Chicago is the weather. When we retire, we're headed south to the Smokey Mountains of North Carolina. I believe that is God's Country and the climate is much milder.

About where in the Chicago area are you from?

Laura

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raven815 View Post

Hi Sally Boy,

Welcome!!! I grew up in Chicago (Dad was a Chicago Police Narcotics Agent). After I got married, my hubby and I slowly moved farther and farther away from the city. We now live in a small town about 40 miles out. I hate it. I feel so isolated. As soon as we can get rid of the money pit (big house, too expensive) we live in, we're headed back. We're going to the western suburbs (Downers Grove, Hinsdale, Darien, etc.). There are many good vegetarian options in those areas and I can't wait. The only thing I don't like about Chicago is the weather. When we retire, we're headed south to the Smokey Mountains of North Carolina. I believe that is God's Country and the climate is much milder.

About where in the Chicago area are you from?

Laura
hi Laura! my DH and I both grew up in the NW suburbs of chicago, Palatine and Barrington. We both have live in the city for about 15 years, since graduating college, Illinois State is where we met.

there are a ton of vege options in the city and the suburbs. I would love to live somewhere in the mountains as well. but the city is where we are now and work and live and public transport is good here.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.