VeggieBoards banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I.. don't really know what happened yesterday to lead me to it, but I found a talk given by Gary Yourofsky to a group of students on Youtube and he shows them a video which really hit me. The video showed what happens to laying hens and dairy cows, along with many other animals, and was cut together with scenes from the SASHA animal sanctuary in Michigan, where you could see and feel the difference between those rescued animals and those being torn up in slaughterhouses; I burst into tears when I saw those rescued animals, and I was just so happy for them that I knew this was one of those final moments that would change my life.

I tried to be vegetarian before, and I watched a few PETA videos, but it didn't register and my love o' meat overpowered me, since I really didn't have a desire to change. My sister went vege to lose weight, but gave in to some ribs my mom made.

After seeing the sheer cruelty those animals endure in the hands at the hands of their killers, not just in killing them, but in beating them... Seeing them take their rage out on those animals, especially the cows, fortified in me a real hatred for their abusers.

So, that's why I'm here, and 'cause I searched on Google for vegan support forums
anything worth doing is best done with others.

·
Registered
5,299 Posts
I'm glad you've made the switch
Welcome to VB.

·
Registered
6,609 Posts
Welcome! There are so many experienced vegetarians and vegans here. Ask as many questions as you want, and we can help you make the transition stick this time.

·
Registered
642 Posts
Welcome to the forums!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts