VeggieBoards banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all!

My name is Caroline, 29 y/o and I'm from the Netherlands.

I have been a moderate meat eater for some years now, eating it maybe once every other week. During this time, I was able to fool myself by not really thinking about the animal that died for my meal. I also told myself that I was doing the right thing by eating organic meat only.

My real vegetarian journey started only a week ago: I saw an article in the newspaper about the cattle export from Australia to Indonesia. The accompanying picture grabbed me like nothing else - a big and proud cow, down on the ground, with a man over her ready to hit her with a large pole. I couldn't get the image out of my head and started to explore the internet for information. I stumbled upon ''Meet Your Meat" and a few minutes into the film, I knew my meat eating days were over.

These past few days have been difficult and emotional - the images have been haunting me ever since and I haven't been able to think of anything else.

But, I am also excited to start this new way of life! I am also gratefull to see that there are numerous organizations out there that fight against the cruelty that is the farming industry. My family are all very supportive and applaud my decision and I'm hoping to find a lot of usefull information and support on this forum too!

See you around!

Caroline

·
Registered
315 Posts
Hallo Amsterdammer. Groetjes uit Dordrecht. Welcome to VB. Pretty Brutal news report that was. Good for you that you made the decision to go veg.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Welcome Caroline !
It's a good thing to have with differents nationality here.

"These past few days have been difficult and emotional - the images have been haunting me ever since and I haven't been able to think of anything else."
I feel you, it's the same for me about animals cruelty.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thank you all!

@ Storer: go if you get a chance it's a nice city!

@ Delicioso: Amsterdam is fabulous, I'm sure you have a wonderfull time! Tell you ALL about Amsterdam? But there's so much to tell! Let me just say that Amsterdam is much, much more than the famous 'veggie' that it is mostly known for

@ FrenchGirl: I agree, it's really nice that there are different nationalities on VB!
and thank you for your support - I am still kind of stunned by everything that I have seen but I'm also glad that I finally know the full story.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts