VeggieBoards banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all!
My name is Sarah and I am seriously considering going vegetarian. I am currently training for a Half Ironman triathlon (70.3 miles) and after reading Born to Run, I looked at my diet in a new light. It didn't include alot of meat, but it sure was there. Looking into it more, I noticed alot of endurance athletes are either vegan or vegetarian like Scott Jurek (ultramarathon champion) and Dave Scott (world triathlon champion)
If it works for them, why not me? I've checked out some books from my local library, and have enjoyed learning so far and thought I would join an online community as well! I can guarentee I will have many questions and am always eager to learn something new.
My main concern is balancing my diet correctly since I am out training 6 days a week, and have Ironmans and ultramarathons in my future!
Any other veggie athletes here?

Talk soon!

·
Registered
5,299 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarah_42 View Post

Hey all!
My name is Sarah and I am seriously considering going vegetarian. I am currently training for a Half Ironman triathlon (70.3 miles) and after reading Born to Run, I looked at my diet in a new light. It didn't include alot of meat, but it sure was there. Looking into it more, I noticed alot of endurance athletes are either vegan or vegetarian like Scott Jurek (ultramarathon champion) and Dave Scott (world triathlon champion)
If it works for them, why not me? I've checked out some books from my local library, and have enjoyed learning so far and thought I would join an online community as well! I can guarentee I will have many questions and am always eager to learn something new.
My main concern is balancing my diet correctly since I am out training 6 days a week, and have Ironmans and ultramarathons in my future!
Any other veggie athletes here?

Talk soon!
Well I'm certainly not training for a triathlon, but I'm a mountain/rock climber. I also hike and bike a lot. I'm a vegan, and I've never had a problem getting the nutrients I need.

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
Welcome! Hardly an athlete, but I do work out, and like sequoia am also vegan and also have no trouble meeting all my needs on my diet. In fact, it was as a vegetarian that I had trouble: I was constantly becoming iron-deficient. As a vegan, I have no problems with this or anything else. Anyway, hope you enjoy the forums.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts