VeggieBoards banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello All!

I'm not currently a vegetarian or a vegan, but I really want to be.

Here's my story in a nutshell..... Sometime ago, I was a vegan for about 4 years. But I didn't know how to do it properly at all, and ended up with some pretty bad vitamin deficiencies. I developed iron-deficiency anemia and had to take prescription-strength iron supplements for quite some time to get back to normal.

When I started showing significant deficiency symptoms, I started eating meat again. And after that I thought that I had to eat meat to stay healthy, so kept eating it even though I always HATE it. Though I realize now that that's not true at all; it was because I wasn't eating the right things and was filling myself with junk that I got sick, NOT because I didn't eat meat!

Well, over the past couple of months I have just gotten more and more bothered by eating meat, and it's gotten so bad that I feel sick over it every single time I eat it now. I have such an extremely soft heart for animals, always have, so I'm just having trouble living with myself eating meat more and more.

So I've decided to get online and start doing some serious research. I REALLY want to go vegetarian again, and do it properly and be well-educated about everything this time around. (I would love to be vegan again, but I'm taking baby steps for now and just aiming for vegetarian.) I hate feeling sick every time I eat a meal with meat, and I just don't want to live like this anymore.

So anyway, here I am, and that's me. Glad I found this board.

· Registered
13 Posts
I might be you 4 years ago though trying to prevent it. Wish you the best and through research and after talking to nutritionist ( 1/2 the delivery from the nutritionist was disapointing considering how expensive they are) I was close to buying software to help me track certain nutrients (Protein, Calcium, Vitamin D) but then heard and am using fitday dot com. I try not to rely on just one source of information becuause for almost every point, there is a counter point. I am sure it can be done in a healthy manner.

Luis

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.