VeggieBoards banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey there,
My diet transition commenced about 2 years ago when I broke both my wrists. Since then I have transition fall under the classification of a vegan. Through this change I was eating free range organic animals for a while until I decided not to anymore. My learning curve for the importance of quality over quantity continues to increase as my health seems to have been affected by this change. There is the possibility of it being something else but for now, my focus has been on correcting my diet to get my health back.
Health wise everything seems great with the exception that I have hurt my right and then my left shoulder blade while doing nothing out of the ordinary ( right side after some light sanding of a door, left after being adjusted by a chiropractor).
Many friends say it is (the non vegetarians) a lack of meat. But to be truthful, I believe I am eating and am taking all the necessary vitamins and minerals ( at least according to fitday . com . Their info correlates with two nutritionist that I have spoken to.
Once I get my muscular health back, I can go back to doing handy work, more yoga and swimming. Thanks and would love to hear stories on how your transition to a vegan or vegetarian diet went.

Luis

·
Premium Member
16,664 Posts
Hi! Welcome to Veggieboards!

I'm not surprised your friends said that about your shoulder injuries, it's extremely funny the things they will say meat is a miracle cure for. Every time a vegetarian gets a little sniffle or falls down and bangs their knee suddenly it's because of a lack of steak, completely ridiculous of course. Meat eaters get injuries and illnesses all the time and no one ever stops to think why their meat filled diet isn't preventing these things

It sounds like you're doing a great job maintaining a healthy diet, fitday is an awesome site. I haven't eaten meat in over a decade and I'm still going strong, and there are people here who have lived without meat much much longer or have even been vegetarians since birth. It's really nice being able to talk to people who share your lifestyle and interests, have fun and enjoy the boards!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
After another trip to the Vitamin shop, and some reading for recomended daily values for vitamins and minerals, it appears that most ( and the one that I have been taking) supplements, or daily vitamin and mineral pills contain the required amounts. It is still adviceable to actually read for there might be one particualr nutrient that might be required to be seeked in another form. Of interest, the girl helping me out pointed out that it is better to take vitamins pills and mineral pills on different occasion as some of the nutrients fight for absorbtion... Another little research project.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts