VeggieBoards banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Banned
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm Karin from Norway, I'm 22 years old and I have been vegetarian in 2 and a half years. It's difficult to find other veggies where I live, so Veggie Boards is very great to have. I want to become vegan, but I don't make it. I don't know if I'm eating to less calsium or proteins, or maybe both, but maybe I can copy others eating habits? Do you have any regular eating routines?

Anyway, nice to "meet" you

·
Registered
19,134 Posts
Welcome! My vegan husband is from Norway, so we know how difficult it can be. What part of the country are you from?

Can you give us all an idea of what sort of things you eat now?

Sent from my HTC Wildfire using Tapatalk

·
Registered
213 Posts
Welcome Karin! My grandmother came to America from Vang. Good luck with going vegan.

Brian

·
Ex-*****
5,391 Posts
Velkommen

Where in Norway do you live? Like many other countries, I think the more urban areas tend to have more to offer in terms of vegan/vegetarian fayre. Nevertheless, things seem to have improved a good bit over the last decade, so I was shocked to find soya yoghurt in the convenience store near my parents house the last few times I've visited.

Do you have a good repertoire of recipes that you like? Have you tried any Mexican-inspired dishes? I've found that type of cuisine to be quite appealing. A lot of Indian dishes are also vegan or can easily be veganised if you wish.

·
Registered
2,272 Posts
Hello Karin,
My dads father's family is from Norway i am not sure what part but, that is where his native family came from. So I have some norweigian in me also. Sorry about the spelling but, just want to say welcome and I have probley family in that country. I also have family in itaily my dads mothers family and my moms side is various with German.
However, take care and make yourself at home
Peaceful

·
Registered
982 Posts
Hello and welcome! I am not vegan, but I know we have a wonderful bunch of helpful vegans on the board and there is a segment just for vegans that you may find useful for answering you questions.

·
Banned
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hello, all
I'm from Birkeland, a small place south in Norway. I eat cereal with chia seeds and almonds for breakfast, then lunch with salad with chinese cabbage, grated carrots, corn, chia seeds and kidney beans. After that I can eat sandwiches with tofutti cheese on or almond butter. Dinner is usually buyd burgers, falafel or pan cakes. For supper I eat the same salad I eat for lunch.

·
Registered
12 Posts
There's a lot of ways you can eat good food, i for one have the tendancy to eat a fried tomatoe salad, keeps you warm. don't cook the tomatoes too much but a nice consistancy and working with it like always is good. I find also that there are plenty of cuisines or free trade and organic methods to produce types of whole foods, so hoping you know a local supplier and your set.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts