VeggieBoards banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm Sadie, and I'm super excited to have joined this community. Although all of my family members are omnivores, I decided to go vegetarian when I was in college. I live in a part of the U.S. where there isn't a large vegetarian/vegan population, so even though I'm proud of my lifestyle, I think it'll be nice to have this extra source of support and advice.

·
Registered
806 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SadieP View Post

I'm Sadie, and I'm super excited to have joined this community. Although all of my family members are omnivores, I decided to go vegetarian when I was in college. I live in a part of the U.S. where there isn't a large vegetarian/vegan population, so even though I'm proud of my lifestyle, I think it'll be nice to have this extra source of support and advice.
Hey, welcome to the forum

·
Registered
30 Posts
Hi and welcome here
Don't worry too much about not having other vegans and vegetarians in the area, that's what the internet is for! Just interested, what part of US is that where are you from?

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks! I like my name too
I live in the central U.S., in the Bible belt. Forget omnivorous eating...lots of carnivores around here. And hunters. :p

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
Haha, was just going to comment on the name, too. It's beautiful. I guess you have a popular name.

Oh, yeah, and welcome!

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by New England Vegan View Post

Yikes!!!!!!!!
Indeed. The other day I saw a pickup truck that had an "Eat More U.S. Beef" bumper sticker, a John Deere ad, and a Freemasonry decal. Welcome to middle America.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimberlily1983 View Post

Haha, was just going to comment on the name, too. It's beautiful. I guess you have a popular name.

Oh, yeah, and welcome!
Aww, thanks!!

·
Registered
95 Posts
Welcome Sadie

1 - 12 of 12 Posts