VeggieBoards banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all.

I have really been impressed by how kind almost everyone on this board is (I have been a lurker for some time), and I have finally decided to introduce myself.

I have been a vegan for a little over 15 years and I have two wonderful, smart, strong and healthy vegan-from-birth children. (Despite all of the dire warnings from my "eat meat or die" relatives lol)

Before I went vegan I was 40lbs overweight and had a cholesterol level of over 350. Within one year of changing my diet I lost all the weight (without eating less) and my cholesterol dropped to a normal healthy level.

Changing my diet led to other wonderful things as well. I have met some incredible people, I have definitely become more compassionate to all living things, and I have become a much better cook. Funny thing was... When I was a meat eater I hated cooking (Gee I wonder why?), but once I became a vegan I really began to enjoy the whole process of preparing food. So much cleaner, and lighter of an experience than with animal products.

Gosh, I guess that is about all for now. I am looking forward to posting on this great board and getting to know all of you.

Hope you all have a great day.

·
Registered
892 Posts
welcome ladybug ( i love your username.) Way to go for being vegan for 15 years. That's quite an accomplishment. i look forward to your knowledge and vegan wisdom on upcoming threads.

·
Registered
7,895 Posts
Fantastic, may your obvious enthusiasm spread yet more good vibes among each us all and us to impress kindly upon you too!... I think there's bags of enthusiasm at VB... and such is the colossal bandwith for goodwill here, more is readily accepted!

Quote:
Originally posted by Ladybug

Hello all.

I have really been impressed by how kind almost everyone on this board is (I have been a lurker for some time), and I have finally decided to introduce myself.

I have been a vegan for a little over 15 years and I have two wonderful, smart, strong and healthy vegan-from-birth children. (Despite all of the dire warnings from my "eat meat or die" relatives lol)

·
Registered
348 Posts
Welcome, Ladybug! I'm glad you finally posted! I think that's terrific your children have been vegan since birth.

I, too, hated cooking when I ate meat, but since I've been vegan I've learned to cook and quite enjoy it! I wonder if that's a common experience?

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
Hello, Ladybug!

Heh, I still don't like cooking, unfortunately. I'm not that talented in the kitchen.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Hi Ladybug!
That's so cool that both of your children are vegan since birth. What a great way to start a life! Welcome aboard!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts