VeggieBoards banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

My names Heather, Im 20 and I live in London.

I was a vegetarian between the age of 12 and 15 then sadly pushed my morals aside due to a care free teenage attitude I adopted. Im back on track now- for a total of two months as of Sunday, and I couldnt be happier. I became a vegetarian (again) because of my love for animals and I have to say I havent missed meat at all. Easy peasy.

Ive always been a firm believer in cruelty free shopping and have never brought products from companies that I knew tested on animals. However, its only while recently looking further into this Ive realised how many cosmetic companies still test their products/use ingredients tested on animals. Ive spent hours trawling the Internet (when I really should be doing some work- oops) to compile a list of cosmetic brands that are cruelty free, which is what led me to this site.

I could do with a little encouragement as it seems the more I look, the more cruelty I find, with most cosmetic brands either being tested on animals or containing animal derived products. Its disheartening as I am determined to live a cruelty free life which is the main reason for joining Veggieboards, Im looking forward to learning lifestyle tips and seeking advice/meeting people with similar views to me.

Heather x

·
Registered
922 Posts
Hello there and welcome.

I have to agree with you about how cruelty to animals seems so disheartening. I wish we could all do more for them.

·
Not such a Beginner ;)
8,394 Posts
Hi Heather
. There's a good UK thread that will help you with vegan cosmetics brands. There are some out there! My daughter about your age loves Kiss My Face and ELF brands.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi,
Oh brilliant, I will have a look at both of those, thanks very much

1 - 5 of 5 Posts