VeggieBoards banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm very seriously considering going veg. I have a husband who is supportive of my decision, the biggest thing is feeding my 2 year old, and that fact that I'm pregnant. I'm really looking forward to learning everything I can.

·
Give peas a chance
1,715 Posts
Welcome!

·
Registered
8,022 Posts
Welcome from another veg family person. i also have a 2 year old whirlwind.

·
Registered
1,526 Posts
Welcome to veggieboards.<br><br>
As long as you are eating healthily there shouldn't be a problem during pregnancy. You obviously need a few extra calories, and make sure your iron intake is okay, and that's about it. I sailed through 2 vegetarian pregnancies with no problems at all, and gave birth to 2 big,strong babies, who have turned into big strong healthy adults!<br><br>
If you want to change your child's diet, you may be best to do it gradually - some two-year olds are very fussy around food anyway, so don't make it worse. Just introduce it slowly. If he/she eats the same as you (and if they don't now is a good time to introduce it) they will soon see it as normal.<br><br>
I bought my 3* children up as vegetarians, and they are all very healthy. There are a lot of people on the forums who are raising vegetarian/vegan children, so they will be able to advise you. (It's 17 years since I had a 2 year old child!!)<br><br>
*My oldest child is a stepson, and I am lucky because his mother didn't have a problem with us raising him as vegetarian - she is an omnivore).

1 - 4 of 4 Posts