VeggieBoards banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
36 yr old Artist from Maryland. I have been vegetarian for almost 10 months. (I converted on 7/30/10.) I am here hoping to meet friends and get the information that I need to be a successful vegetarian. I started this lifestyle change to help me lose weight. I found out that I have actually been gaining instead of losing. I am hoping that by joining a community like this I can find a system of support that I have been lacking in the real world.

·
Registered
315 Posts
Hello Artstar. You'll get alot of help on these boards even if its just from browsing older forum posts. So what does your diet consist of? You eat a lot of cheese maybe?

·
Registered
5,229 Posts
Welcome, ArtStar!

Unfortunately, going vegetarian or vegan will not necessarily help you control your weight. It is possible to consume more calories than is optimal for you, even as a vegetarian or vegan. I hope you check out the "Dietary and Weight Issues" subforum, if you haven't already done so.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.