VeggieBoards banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, Im from Lancashire, UK. Live with my 3 children, 2 dogs and 2 horses (Ok they dont live with me but you know what I mean
)

I first became a Vegetarian about 8 years ago, after a year I changed to a Vegan diet for around 6 months then for some reason I cant quite explain I went back to eating meat
Im making the change back to being a vegetarian again now and its a little more difficult than last time! (older, have kids etc)

Joined here for some support as I dont think Ill find it quite as easy making the change this time, as I have meat-eaters living with me I will need to handle and cook meat everyday which will, im hoping, become easier over time!

Anyway, today is my first offical day being vegetarian

·
Registered
806 Posts
Welcome to the forum
I find I eat a lot more junk food living with meat-eaters. It's hard to sit there with a salad when they're all pigging out on burgers, fries, icecream

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks everyone

Joined for more support really and advice. I was a pretty rubbish cook even as a meat eater, my life is so busy me and the kids really just eat things that can go in the oven nice and quick.

My children have always been given chicken nuggets, sausages, fish fingers, burgers etc with some form of potato - chips, waffles etc for ease really, but im aware this is not a healthy diet for them! Im not being too strict with their diet now Ive changed mine, I personally will avoid feeding them meat and they will eat what I do whilst at home with me, but if when out with other people my son asks for chicken or whatever then he can have it, hes nearly 4 so can make that choice now. My other two are 18 months and just 5 weeks (Im BF'ing her) so still very young. I really need to get into cooking proper meals now though, so looking forward to looking through some recipes and getting ideas!

I share a house with my dad and no way will I ever convert him so Ill still need to have meat in the house and cook it for him (He doesnt cook for himself hes cheeky
lol) but im hoping it wont be too hard for me, if I am satisfied with the foods im eating!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.