VeggieBoards banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just watched "forks over knives" and it seemed to make a lot of sense.being that my family has a history of cardio vascular disease(got 2 stents at 38)i feel its in by best interest to go from my usual 85% meat diet to a vegetarian whole foods or vegan diet.im a week into trying and have severely cut out the meat portion of my usual diet.i haad meat 3 out of the last seven days mostly salmon and only 1 meal each day.how does one get over the meat cravings??? it will be a struggle but i will try my best

·
Herbivorous Urchin
9,717 Posts
Welcome Marmot!

try faux meats instead, maybe?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
tried boca vegan burgers i bought at Sams. they are ok but quiting fish is going to be very hard for me.slowly phasing it out probably will be the method

·
Herbivorous Urchin
9,717 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by themarmot View Post

tried boca vegan burgers i bought at Sams. they are ok but quiting fish is going to be very hard for me.slowly phasing it out probably will be the method
Depending on your reason for switching ethical/health/enviro it may be useful to pull up facts that back up that reasoning, and maybe even go so far as to print them out and tape them to the refrigerator.

·
Herbivorous Urchin
9,717 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by themarmot View Post

my reason is strictly health ,life is about choices
Very cool, so with fish maybe some mercury poisoning info?

·
Registered
248 Posts
Hi and good luck with kicking the meat/fish habit! Try to make the decision that you won't eat or buy fish/meat one day at the time, and you'll find that it is easier that you've previously thought.

·
Registered
642 Posts
Hello and welcome! I'm glad to hear that you're working towards a long and healthy life. You can do it!

·
Registered
38 Posts
Morning Star Farms makes really yummy fake chicken nuggets and patties, and vegetarian corn dogs, and other things. They do have dairy and eggs in them though, so they're not vegan. But it might be helpful to make the transition a little easier.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts