VeggieBoards banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys!
I found veggie boards 3 years ago when I was first experimenting with the idea of going vegetarian. I can't say how much you all helped me transition to a l/o vegetarian lifestyle. Today I'm back to face my next adventure into veganism. I've been eating vegan for about a month and I'm loving it. I feel great, my energy is crazy, and I've even lost a couple pounds.
I'm hoping to be here at least once a week to hear everyone adventures and hopefully contribute as much as I can.

<3
Heather

·
Impeach the gangster
10,052 Posts
Welcome!

·
Registered
4,337 Posts
Hello!

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
Good for you, going vegan!
And welcome to VeggieBoards...

I'm a vegan, too, and there's obviously lots of us here, so if you have any questions, concerns, etc. come find us and ask!

·
Registered
547 Posts
Hello! Congrats on your change to a vegan diet!

·
Registered
1,526 Posts
Hi Heather

welcome! There are plenty of people here who will help you transition from vegetarian to vegan - many of us have done it ourselves.

·
Registered
5,229 Posts
Welcome!

I hope your lunch date today went well-I just saw your post about getting stuck eating out in the Vegan Support Forum, but logged on too late to offer any advice. I love french fries and salad, although I'd like something more substantial of course- but at some places like Mcdonald's even the fries aren't vegetarian, let alone vegan.

·
Registered
547 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom View Post

Welcome!

I hope your lunch date today went well-I just saw your post about getting stuck eating out in the Vegan Support Forum, but logged on too late to offer any advice. I love french fries and salad, although I'd like something more substantial of course- but at some places like Mcdonald's even the fries aren't vegetarian, let alone vegan.
And if I'm not mistaken, even Mcdonald's Italian dressing has dairy in it.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I made it through the best I could. haha I figured it was more about the company than the food and just ate beforehand. I find eating out to be the most difficult part of veganism, but I was successful today and that was awesome

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
Agree with that, Heather. We've - my partner and I - found veganism to be a lot easier than we expected it to be - it's really nothing at all. You make the changes you need to, find new favorite foods to love or modify the old ones. It's easy.

But eating out, that's the thing we almost never do now.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts