VeggieBoards banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wow. I seemed to have caused a mess here. I feel I should clarify a few things.

1. I am a vegetarian. Im not a semi or an omni; Im a full-on vegetarian. I eat no animal products of any kind and I havent done so for over 3 years.

2. My original thread was about a health concern. I was not looking for support to become a carnivore; I was looking for help from my fellow (like-minded) vegetarians. With the exception of a few of you, I was not made to feel very welcome.

3. The idea that you would ban carnivores from your sight strikes me as a tad single-minded. I could understand if I was thread crapping and calling everyone hippie losers or some such thing, but I wasnt. I was asking for help on a possible life change. It may not be a life change you agree with, but as someone who has lived a similar lifestyle, I thought I would find greater understanding. I guess not.

To those of you who answered my questions, I appreciate it. To those who flamed and judged, you might want to work on your tolerance a bit.

Close away.

·
Registered
3,388 Posts
If you had started a thread saying "I'm thinking of going back to eating meat, can you help me find solutions to the problems I'm having?" your thread would still be open. You didn't ask for advice on how to remain vegetarian, you asked how you should go about eating meat.

Why do you think vegetarians would be able (or willing) to give you advice on how to incorporate meat back into your diet? How can you claim to be like-minded if you see nothing wrong with eating animals? Veggieboards is meant to be a safe space for those who find the practice of eating animals repugnant (or at the very least unhealthy and undesirable). We all have to be tolerant of unabashed flesh eaters in our day to day lives, we shouldn't have to do it here.

·
Registered
25,067 Posts
One question: were you open to changing the kind or amount of meat you were going to eat, and/or were you open to giving the idea a second thought?

·
Registered
16,090 Posts
carnivore, heh. You'll be the first vegetarian turned carnivore I've ever met. So, good luck with that!

BTW, my mother's never eaten porcupine soup. Can you believe that?!! I should tell her I'm going to start eating porcupine soup and ask her if she has any advice on what health risks there are from eating porcupine soup, I figure she'll be just full of advice on the subject since she's never eaten it! ... "Eh, watch out for the needles, they can get stuck in your throat."

·
Registered
3,984 Posts
I didn't think your thread should have been locked, but I am but a simple non-contributing member.

·
Registered
995 Posts
Meh I do not care either way, your choice is your own.

BTW eating anythign with evena tiny bit of meat in it ( like chicken broth) gives me the runs for days.

Personaly I'm scared of meat products anymore they make me sick.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts