VeggieBoards banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone! I'm brand new here, so I thought I'd say hello. I'm in NY right now, but I live (most of the time) in FL. hmmm....I don't seem to know what to say....so I'll just say bye!

In Peace.

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
Welcome! Peace to you too. Is NY muggy right now? hehe. I've been to NY during different seasons, and I have to say, I prefer the bone chilling cold over the thick, humidity of their summers!

Love NY!

·
Registered
807 Posts
Hi, Kalapingka! Another Floridian, eh? I'm in Tallahassee -- where the legislative session never seems to end!

Anyway, welcome to VB. Nice to have another Florida face around here!

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Actually Hopi, I lived in Tally for 2 years...I got my AA at FSU. Did you ever go to the coffee shop Epitome before it closed? It was veggie, and I used ot work there.

·
Registered
807 Posts
I used to LOVE Epitome! Was in there all the time, devouring the great quesadillas (and consuming copious amounts of caffeine
).
So sad it's no longer with us...

Anyway, what part of FL are you in now? Can't believe it's already getting so hot around here...

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Well then you probably ordered your Quesadillas and coffee from me at some point! I practically LIVED there! My fiance and I used to hang out there all the time? If you were a regular, I would probably recognize you!

Anyway, I'm living just outside Orlando right now, finishing college. I graduate from UCF in December, then I'm moving up to the frozen north (also known as Ithaca, NY).

·
Registered
4,778 Posts
Hello!

What a lovely username!
Does it mean anything?

Stick around because this is a cool place to be! And post often!

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Yes, actually, it means two things. It is Tibetan, and it means both "Indian cuckoo" and "beautiful voiced". Since I'm a little crazy (as in cuckoo), I love to sing, and I'm fascinated by the cultures of India and Tibet, it seemed like an appropriate choice!

·
Registered
807 Posts
I was definitely a regular at Epitome -- I'm sure we met many times! It's certainly a small world.

And I still miss that place... (Epitome, I mean, not the world, which I am still very much a part of
)

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Yeah...it has such great memories....that's where my fiance and I went for our first "date". He claims that we met there, but I think it doesn't count since he used to come up and order coffee from me! We met for real (as in introduced ourselves) at House of Kaos. It was right across the street on Call Street...It's probably still there. Ever heard of it? My fiance, Jonathon, just asked me to ask you to send your picture because it's driving us crazy that we can't picture you. I guess that's kind of freaky though, huh? What if we were crazy serial killers or something...I swear that we're not! But we won't be offended if you don't want to send one!

·
Registered
807 Posts
Oneness - Panama City, eh? My whole family's from over that way. So I'm over there for every major holiday, plus some.

Kalapingka - Hehehe! No problem.
I'll look around for a photo that's already on the computer (but you'll have to send me one of you, too, as I'm sure I'll recognize you!
).

·
Registered
15,684 Posts
*hugs* to Kalapingka!

*pouts* I wish I'd met someone I knew from way back when I was a newbie here. Oh well, I know a lot of people now.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.