VeggieBoards banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey there! I'm Jennie from Denver, Colorado. I first became a vegetarian when I was in high school. I was vegan for 3 months then became vegetarian for 9 months after. I defiantly didn't do it the right way. I moved from chicken nuggets to chips. I didn't eat healthy at all!

I've decided to do it right this time! I'm eating fresh veggies and fruit, I try to make things from scratch with better ingredients. I decided to become a vegetarian again because of my health. I feel so much better without meat (although I have the occasional fish) and with little dairy. I have struggled with eating disorders in the past and hope to curb that by eating healthy.

I'm getting married in less than 2 months. My fiance doesn't like me being a vegetarian because it "makes things harder for him". My fiance and I have lived together for 2 years now. He is a carnivore and loves to cook for me. He finds it hard that he has to make two meals (which is not true, just 2 proteins). I love him to death, but it's hard when he's not willing to accept it.

I'm looking forward to getting to know some of you.

·
Registered
1,526 Posts
Hi, welcome to veggieboards, and thanks for the introduction.

It must be difficult for you sometimes, living with someone who eats meat. Many members of the board have the same issues - fortunately I don't. Perhaps you can introduce him to veggie versions of meat - e.g veggie sausages, soya mince etc, and you can both enjoy the same meal together?

You'll get plenty of advice on these forums, anyway!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts