VeggieBoards banner

Hello All - Delighted to have found you!

561 Views 4 Replies 5 Participants Last post by  Being Aware
:nerd:I don't know why it never occurred to me to search for forums such as VEGGIEBOARDS. I stumbled on this forum when researching supplements, etc in alignment w/ a vegan diet.

I "went vegan" in Jan of 2015. Had chronic pain and a no. of other health-related issues at the time. I don't recall which came 1st the film or my decision to "go vegan" but the documentary "Forks Over Knives" changed my life. Sounds trite but it's true.

When I switched to a vegan diet, the change was abrupt. I knew a gradual change wouldn't work for me. It's been an interesting journey since that time - have learned a great deal - including the fact that there is so much more to learn. My health has improved, as I'm sure is the case for a great many who abandon animal products and processed foods and, instead, consume only whole plant-based foods.

Being vegan is consistent w/ my position on environment, animal & human rights, etc as well. I haven't found a "down side" yet to being vegan. As a 56yo woman who sees people my age every day who are debilitated, sick and, literally, walking dead I have no qualms w/ being "different" and looked at askance when someone learns I'm vegan.

I'm very much looking forward to learning from and sharing w/ you good folks on this forum.
Reactions: 5
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
:hi: :hi: :hi: :hi: :hi: :hi: :hi:
:hi: W e l c o m e ! :hi:
:hi: :hi: :hi: :hi: :hi: :hi: :hi:
-
-
-
-
-
-
Welcome aboard!
What a great story! Welcome! I will be happy to learn from you :)
Hi there! It's lovely to meet you! I also have yet to find a downside to veganism. :)
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.