VeggieBoards banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3,339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All:

Some of you may remember me from the Veggies Unite message boards.

After reading other intro post, I feel like an old man. :>)

I'm a 36 year old Financial Analyst currently living in New Hampshire with my wife and 14 month old son. My wife has been a vegetarian for 12 years, and we areraising our son as a vegetarian (of course)

I've been a vegetarian for 14 years, 3 of which I was a vegan. (I'm currently a lacto-veggie). My primary motivation for becoming a vegetarian was for environmental concerns. Soon after, I recognized the health benefits of being a vegetarian, and that has been my motivation ever since.

In my mid 20's, I became involved with the Boston Vegetarian Society, and worked as the organization's Treasurer. I was a bit militant back then, but now I follow the "more flys with honey than vinegar philosphy.

I spent the last 4 years in Arizona prior to moving to NH. It's more veggie friendly place than you might think!!

BeanCounter

·
Registered
0 Posts
I can understand the feeling old - i'm 31 (almost), married with a 17 month-old son.

I've been a vegan for 13 years and I'm still militant, although most of it is in the form of screaming at others inside my head (being militant battles with my being a pacifist)

·
Registered
4,778 Posts
Hi Beancounter,

Old or young - we're in the same boat and that's what counts! Glad to have you here, looking forward to see you on the boards. I'm sure you'll find like minded persons here. Post often!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts