VeggieBoards banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone!

I was around here sometime ago..then life got busy but I am back...looking for some encouragement actually!

Ihave been vegetarian for several years, and have seriously wanted to transition to a vegan diet for some time now. I have tried and faltered a few times but really want to make the transition STICK this time. I live in a small town and there are really no other vegans ...in fact i dont know any other vegetarians other than my kid and one of her friends...my whole family includingmy husband are omni... so very few people understand me
thank goodness for the internet and the possibility of finding like minded folk

I specified vegan diet because I cannot call myself a full vegan yet....I have some items (such as my car) that i cannot yet afford to replace..but all future purchases will be made differently My focus first is breaking my nearly 41 year long addiction to dairy.

any suggestions, advice, encouragement etc is greatly appreciated! I need to acquire some vegan friends Ican look to for inspiration and help sticking to my goals this time!

Glad to be here..and I hope this post is in the right spot!

·
Registered
35 Posts
I'm kind of in the same position! I don't drink milk, and recently started buying vegan cheese (finally found a store that had some!) but I have a harder time cutting out food that has milk/egg in it already. I guess I'm just trying to take things slow.

Good luck!!

·
Registered
642 Posts
Welcome back!

·
Registered
337 Posts
Glad to have you back. Best of luck on your journey to becoming a vegan. Hope you receive lots of support and encouragement.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.