VeggieBoards banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, my name is Kay and I'm new to both this forum and veg*nism, so I'll just introduce myself here. I'm 19 years old and a student. I am currently on a vegetarian diet and working towards being a vegan(phasing out cheese and eggs, and would prefer to achieve this asap!).

oh, one big thing about me; I REALLY love rabbits, I adore them so much,(ok this might sound crazy) I'm one of them!

and there was this guy whom I was friends with, and this was before I became veg, and well...since he really fancied me, I thought ok I'm going to tell him something that I feel is important to me(yes, I love rabbits THAT much), and I would tell him how much I love rabbits, and EVERY TIME he would respond something along the line of 'Yeah, I love them too, they taste good' or 'Yah I love eating them!' or its variants. it might be just a joke to him, but I find his callous attitude really offensive and unfunny,and after the second time I started to become visibly irritated. I did tell him to refrain from making this kind of 'jokes', but it seemed to only spur him on. One day I said something and he said somethign to me like 'ARGH!!! in your perfect world it would be full of rabbits or something!'.. SERIOUSLY, the gall of him. Needless to say I stopped having anything to do with him shortly after.

Does this kind of thing ever happen to you??

Now you're asking why I'm telling you this; because it might sound like a really weird reason, but other than the conventional reasons(economical, health, etc.), I am becoming a vegan because rabbits are vegans! I love them so much, I want to eat like(ok,not TOTALLY like) them too, and I feel stopping eating meat/animal-by products will help me get closer to them, if that even makes sense?

ta!

·
Registered
7,858 Posts
Welcome to VB! U've never met someone who liked rabbits so much, but I'm a crazy cat lady at heart so who am I to judge?

(although I wouldn't eat meat to be like a cat. yuck.)

congratulations on going veg*n!

·
Registered
2,521 Posts
Welcome! I like rabbits - didn't know there was a thread for them! I used to have a dwarf lop, marmalade coloured, and psycho. And there are loads that live in the grounds of my Hall of Residence.

Good to meet you!

pirate

·
Registered
5,229 Posts
Welcome! (And nose wiggles from my rabbits, Hans the Rex and Franz the Dutch!)

I've become more fond of rabbits since I adopted a few from the local shelter. But my favorite animals are probably manatees and dugongs (for personality) and elk (for looks). My town zoning board would have a serious problem if I were to adopt a bull elk....

1 - 12 of 12 Posts