VeggieBoards banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4,204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Lately the fact that I still eat honey has been bothering me. The only reason I still eat it is because its in my cereal. Does anyone know of a cereal that is completely vegan? In addition, what can I do for granola bars? Does anyone know of a HEALHY brand of granola bars with no honey? I'm going to go peek around vegweb and see if I can find a granola bar recipe.

Lovenlight,

linz

·
Registered
3,265 Posts
I buy granola type cerel that does not have honey in it. I think it is called Fruit N' Nut Granola and it is from Trader Joes.

·
Registered
0 Posts
You can find many cereals that are vegan at your local Natural Foods Store, or natural foods sections in your regular grocery store. Granola bars can also be found here that are vegan (no honey)! Good luck!

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
Health Valley makes many granola/cereal bars that do not contain any animal products (their date bars, apple bars, peanut granola bars, and blueberry granola bars are especially good). Barbara's Bakery makes many cereals that are vegan (honey-free) and is the one brand that seems to be the most readily accessible in both health food markets and traditional stores. If you live on the West Coast (U.S.) Trader Joe's is THE place to go for cheap vegan eats. Heck, they even have bags of delicious choco chip and trailmix cookies labeled vegan right on the package.

·
Registered
4,606 Posts
Many cereals are completely vegan.. The question is, which kind do you like? Regular cheerios instead of honey nut? All sorts of corn flakes, raisin bran, grape nuts.. I like muesli. The Swiss Family Muesli with no added sugar doesn't have honey.

I recommend the Health Valley granola bars in the strawberry flavour.

·
Registered
2,907 Posts
We like Gorilla Munch and Panda Puffs. There's a few other ones too, Koala Krisps, I think. These can usually be found at hfs.

·
Registered
4,204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I generally try to make my cereals low calorie but not loaded with sugar or white starch. All the healthy looking cereals seem to have honey; but its not really a requisite that its sweetened. I could eat cheerios I suppose. I'll have to poke around the grocery store when I go....as soon as I get money, which won't be until after this crazy prom thing gets over...lol.

lovenlight,

linz

·
Registered
260 Posts
I have a delicious recipe for self composed muesli if you would like it. It is the best muesli in the entire word!!! No better way to start the day!

·
Registered
1,664 Posts
Hmmm, just noticed they have Prince Edward Island labelled wrong.

http://www.naturespath.com/stores/canada.asp

PEI is the island right next to Nova Scotia... not that one in the mouth of the Saint Lawrence river
... I'll email them now

I already got my favourite veggie birger place to label Saint John , New Brunsiwick and St John's Newfoundland correctly

·
Registered
0 Posts
Several of Barbara's brand is vegan. I've also found vegan granola cereals in the bulk section of the natural food store I frequent.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts