VeggieBoards banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I developed a pretty bad heat rash when we were in Utah. The sudden change in temperature (it's about 60 here and 100 there) caused me to get little bumps on my arms and legs. Plus, I developed a ton of little blisters on my fingers and the front part of my neck got all irritated.

My neck is just a little dry now and the little blisters on my fingers are almost gone, but the little bumps (which I'm thinking is prickly heat?) haven't gone away at all. I've been putting Kiss My Face Aloe & Olive lotion on it a lot. Any suggestions to get rid of this? We've been back home for a couple of days now and it's starting to bother me that it's not going away.

·
Registered
469 Posts
Hi Flower,

Whenever any of my children had any kind of rash I used aveeno bath and that seemed to help them. It's a very fine oatmeal powder that you pour into bath water.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, Sky. I'll have to get some of that and take a bath tonight.
I did a little bit of research on it and saw that an oatmeal bath is recommended, so I'll see how it goes!

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Baking soda paste will take the sting out temporarily and help it heal. Make a paste out of baking soda and water, apply to the rashy areas, leave it on for a few minutes, then rinse. Afterwards, apply aloe vera gel, which is nice and soothing and cooling, or calamine lotion if it's really itchy.

Wear dry, loose-fitting clothing on the affected areas. Avoid anything tight, chafing, or damp (I find that in the summer I have to change my bra and shirt a couple of times a day, or my bulletproof vest tends to give me awful heat rash on my back).

I'd get those blisters checked out, though. Are they between your fingers? If not, they might be an allergic reaction or something.

Feel better. Hope this helps.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts