VeggieBoards banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am an utter mess this weekend. I have a huge canker in the back of my mouth that is causing a swollen lymph node on my neck that really hurts. I feel feverish and now I have a white cold sore on my lip, very very sore. I have never gotten these things before. Also I had an ulcerated esophogus about eight years ago, all of a sudden all of these symptoms are back. I am in such pain. Also I am new to the vegan diet I have been a vegan now for about four weeks, I can't help but think this is related but I have been eating better then I ever have in my life! Does anyone have any advice, or maybe I should just call the DR. I don't trust Dr's though I think they will just give me a perscription and that will be hte end of it, this is why I am asking you guys, I am assuming that some of you may have better advice then a Dr would.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Do you think that it could be an allergic reaction? Did you eat something right before the incident that you haven't ever eaten before? Just a thought. But it sounds pretty serious. I know doctor's aren't very fun, but it might be a good idea to talk to one, and just because they give you advice/medication doesn't mean you have to take it. You are in control of your own life, and once you find out what the cause of it is, which only a doctor can truly tell you, you can make your own decision on what you want to do about it. Hope things get better.

·
Registered
3,473 Posts
Well, what if the doctor gives you a prescription and it helps? It wouldn't hurt to try, and it seems to be hurting you to sit there not trying it.

I hope you feel better soon.

·
Registered
2,144 Posts
I've just posted this information on another thread:

I know about a liquid which contains rhubarb extract and salicylic acid, which is sold in Germany against canker sores and I already have prescribed.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts