VeggieBoards banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Started a new thread for this one. Just checking..

Pretty normal when you start off, right? Going from walking around a fair bit but slowly, to incorporating jogging for the first time in about a decade.

I get an instant awful headache ( have also woken up with it lately ) and my heart starts skipping beats and feeling weird. Other than that it all feels really good. Muscles feel great .

I'm BARELY running, just started out. Doing short intervals of jogging in the walking.

Thoughts? Push through? Fewer intervals? How do I do this
?

·
Premium Member
16,664 Posts
Heart palpitations can occur when you aren't eating enough, are you getting enough calories? That sounds kind of serious, I'd recommend seeing a doctor and definitely don't push yourself further.

·
Not such a Beginner ;)
8,394 Posts
I think you should call your doctor and tell him what you told us. You need to rule out a cardiac cause for those symptoms before you continue exercising.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Okay. Thanks guys. I always thought I was really healthy . Have never been overweight, lots of energy, fairly active, glowing skin etc. but lately my skin has sucked and I've felt just tired and a bit out of whack. This compounds it- I'll just get checked out before pushing further. Thought it might help things to run around more but maybe not. Just wasn't sure what was 'normal' when starting out

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
( 9pm and after feeling a bit weird all day I now actually feel better than usual. Glad to've moved muscles that much. Just a bit funny in the chest. Oh confusion! )

·
Registered
1,693 Posts
There are many different possible causes of heart palpitations. Some can be ignored even during intense exercise, some are very serious and possibly life threatening. I would also suggest seeing a doctor, as even the most medically knowledgeable of us here on VB can't make that determination from where we're sitting.

·
Registered
3,705 Posts
I just want to echo everyone here. Heart palpitations can be major, and the only way you'll know is by going to a doctor. Please get this checked out.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks VB!
I've made an appointment but it's for Monday and today is Sunday. Was really hoping to have another shot at running this afternoon but will stick to a long walk for at least one more day, I guess.
Hope you're all well
x

·
Registered
31 Posts
Good luck with your doctor's appointment. I've had benign heart palpitations for well over a year now on and off. I had a bunch of testing done and they were determined to be totally harmless. I exercise almost every day, no problems there at all. I hope the outcome is the same for you
Good luck to you again!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts