VeggieBoards banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

I was wondering if perhaps by any change f you all could reccomend to me a "safe" brand of deoderant? Preferrably one that is fairly easy to locate (Whole Foods, etc.)

Much thanks in advance!

·
Registered
2 Posts
A very cheap and non toxic deodorant is just simple apple cider vinegar, a friend of mind told me and I tried it, I am very pleased with the results. I use a small spray bottle, couple applications after shower. Let it dry and you are ready to go.

Hope this help.

·
Registered
96 Posts
I use Kiss My Face lavender roll-on... I found it in my supermarket, which surprised me! I think you can order if through peta if you can't find it.

·
Registered
236 Posts
I like the spray-on version of Thai crystal and I know they have it at some of the bigger "healthy" supermarket chains...not positive about Whole Foods.

·
Registered
19,134 Posts
Heh. Our Tom's smells fine.

·
Registered
6 Posts
For awesome deodorant try MiEssence by ONE Group. They have Tahitian Breeze, Ancient Spice and Aroma Free. They are 89% Certified Organic and smell divine. See ONEwithEarth.com under products.

·
Registered
19,134 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by KC_VeganVixen View Post

Tom's of Maine gave me a rash after awhile. (I've got crazy sensitive skin!)

I've been using the Crystal roll-on since then, and I love it.
Hey. That's the path I took too!
I used Tom's for a long time, then all of the sudden starting reacting badly. I tried the crystal rollon, but it was the one that left me soggy. I'm using the crystal rock now, and it seems to do okay.

Ah...the things we do to avoid the stank.

·
Registered
1,591 Posts
I just bought Herbal Clear Naturally at Target, no aluminum, dyes or alcohol, it uses some kind of botanical. It was fairly cheap and seems pretty good.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenlion View Post

A very cheap and non toxic deodorant is just simple apple cider vinegar, a friend of mind told me and I tried it, I am very pleased with the results. I use a small spray bottle, couple applications after shower. Let it dry and you are ready to go.

Hope this help.
Does anyone know how/why this works? Is there anyone else who uses it? Any problems with alergies or anything? Brands of applecider vinegar?

I am very curious about this and am looking for more info! Thanks.

·
Registered
19,134 Posts

·
Registered
1,929 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by IamJen View Post

Um..."do not pong"?

So, you only play pre-1972 video games, then?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pong
Not that Pong, silly! (although I remember playing that in the 70s)

This pong:

from the dictionary of slang - "P" - Slang and colloquialisms of the UK.

pong Noun. An unpleasant smell. {Informal}

Verb. To stink. {Informal}

This is one of those funny British words I picked up from the Young Ones as in "Ew that hippy really does pong"

·
Registered
19,134 Posts

The things you learn at VB.

Here I thought you'd decided to play a rather weak game of true confessions by admitting your Pong-aversion.

<<makes mental note wrt "pong" for the next time I'm on the bus next to the "Pewfume Lady"

1 - 20 of 40 Posts