VeggieBoards banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
738 Posts
I heard once if you do something for 3 weeks it becomes habit. I am not sure if it is true but it has worked for me.

Make a committment to workout everyday for three weeks - even if it is just walking or a yoga DVD or dancing around to music, to get your mind conditioned that exercising is something you just do now. And three weeks isn't that long - anyone can commit to doing something for that time period. And find exercise that you like - that makes a big difference and set goals for yourself but be realistic.

Have healthy snacks at hand at all times, drinks lots of water, allow yourself a special treat once and awhile and don't give up if you mess up - just jump right back in.

Good Luck!

·
Registered
738 Posts
And you don't have to do a serious workout routine every single day. It just helped me to get into the mindset of doing some kind of physical activity every day. Maybe do 2 more difficult workouts per week and then do lighter exercise the other 5 days ie walking or light yoga or streching.

But do what works for you - It took me years to figure out what was best for me.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.