VeggieBoards banner

Healthy Eating Spots on Disney Channel

3K views 7 replies 6 participants last post by  Tofu-N-Sprouts 
#1 ·
OK, disclaimer, if you have issues with Disney this is not the thread for you.

My daughter watches minimal TV, but we discovered the new animated short features on the Disney Channel called "Adventures in Nutrition with Captain Carlos" and she loves it.

Disney discribes it as: "an animated short form series spotlighting a 6-year-old Latino boy who shows how healthy meals and regular physical activity make him feel like a superhero...".

He does these great little animated bits highlighting the benefits of specific healthy foods like spinach, whole wheat bread, blueberries, etc.

Of course, he DOES talk about eggs and yogurt being healthy too, but we noticed he did add "other sources of protein like beans or nuts" are good too! (My daughter's minimally L/O anyway).

Personally, I really like the fact that there's quite an emphasis on how UNhealthy and "yuccky" processed foods, sugar, artificial ingredients and chemicals are for you.

It's made quite an impression on my 6-year old and she told me she wanted carrots in her lunch the other day "because Carlos said they have vitimins and help your eyes work better". I figure that can't be a bad thing...

See less See more
#3 ·
I think its great too. NOW the next thing they should do is get rid of the sugar, trans fat, and artificial colored food product commercials that play right after the healthy eating spots.

the commercials are for nothing but junk food.

i like the kids to only watch noggin or pbs..........no commercials for junk.

#4 ·
"NOW the next thing they should do is get rid of the sugar, trans fat, and artificial colored food product commercials that play right after the healthy eating spots.

the commercials are for nothing but junk food.

i like the kids to only watch noggin or pbs..........no commercials for junk."-Bonoluvr

The Disney Channel does not have commercials, just for their own shows, not for products

#8 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by RiverGuna View Post

... My daughter wants to know if the t.v.show characters are vegetarian.
Captain Carlos? Actually I don't think he's vegetarian, if I recall, there IS one spot about choosing a tuna fish sandwich
over some junk food - but he always mentions other sources of protein (or whatever nutrient they're focusing on) too, and most of the other options are vegetarian. (i.e., beans, peanut butter and cheese for the protein episode).

I can't remember which episode it was, but one actually gives passing mention to TOFU as an option, I thought that was cool...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.