VeggieBoards banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Banned
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi!

Green greetings to everybody!

What I believe in is that if we care about animals, we must also care of all the living things and life systems. Like avoiding pollution, making green household, cosmetic, organic food choices ourselves. When we do so, we really care about animals because the ocean, rivers, jungle, forests, meadows are their home. Every unconscious action like use of hazardous chemicals in our own daily life or the non caring consumerism supporting planet depleting actions, lead to the suffering of animals and people, too.
I have disclosed my veg, green views in my site also with emphasis on holistic, green health.

I am looking forward to exchange views and ideas with you all!

·
Vegan Very Metal
774 Posts
Hi and welcome to Veggieboards betterdogreen.

What are your thoughts on transport? Should far more people walk or cycle?
Most veggies/vegans that I have met use the environmental argument in respect
of their diet, but are hypocrites when it comes to owning and using cars.
That also seems to be the case here on Veggieboards for the short time that I
have been a member here.

·
Banned
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hey vincent,
Cars create much less pollution than aggressive farming which leads to environment destruction. Fuel used to transport food for animals, the animals, meat, packaging is also part of huge pollution not even talking about wasted lands for growing food for animals instead of people. Even if I had a car, my carbon footprint would much less than the one of meat eater. I believe that cars can be used when practical.

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
Welcome to the forum, betterdogreen!

I agree with your philosophy, that if we're going to care about animals (including people), we can't ignore the very thing we all need to stay alive and be well. Since going vegan we've also been looking into replacing cleaning products (amazing how well baking soda and vinegar can do some jobs), organic gardening, etc.

Hope you like it here.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts