VeggieBoards banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I used to eat these green giant bags of veggies..they have snow peas, red peppers, and potatoes in them. I am scanning the ingredients today and sure enough "chicken meat and juice"

HUHHHHHHH? In veggies? I was so mad I had to come and tell you guys to always make sure to read packages.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It said "chicken meat and juice" on the ingredients. But I did not see any bits of chicken whatsoever in the food. That's what I meant. If I had seen any chicken, obviously I would not have eaten it.

Also, I do not think that buying a "Garden Vegetable Medley" means reading the ingredients but unfortunately it does now.

·
Registered
11,049 Posts
CafePress has a tee-thirt that says "I'm vegan, I read labels, I'll try not to block the aisle". I don't have it but thought it was appropriate!

Pretty much every packaged item I buy gets read carefully; even items that USED to be veg. safe are suddenly filled with strange "new and improved" ingredients. Grrrr... I feel your pain.

I'm thinking that Green Giant Veggie Medly is the same one I almost bought for my kids 'till I read the label. You're right, even the purty picture on the package looks like just plain ol' veggies and even though we all know THAT can be decieving, still...WHY do veggies need "chicken pieces"?

·
Registered
20,217 Posts
I recently bought a box of chocolate cookies at the co-op. Somehow I just assumed they were vegan because I bought them at a HFS.
Never looked at the ingredients until I was halfway through the box. Butter? Urp!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.