VeggieBoards banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,

I've been doing research for nutrition schools and was wondering if anyone here has gone to Hawthorn University or knows someone that has. Here is their website: http://www.hawthornuniversity.org/home.html It really seems to fit what I'm interested in.

Have a good one!

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
They do require that you have a bachelor's before taking the master's. But they don't specify if they require it be in a certain field. They are working on putting together a bachelor's program (no target date for this, though). They also offer a certificate program, but it is about $10,000.

·
Registered
3,423 Posts
ouch!

·
Banned
1,529 Posts
$10k isn't that much to be honest, especially for a half decent certified program. I know people who have paid more in tuition, only to drop out, or graduate with useless BA.

·
Registered
3,423 Posts
Kris, $10K for a certificate, and you don't even get a degree? i think that's pretty steep! The Integrative Nutrition program is 5K for a certificate.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
One advantage to Hawthorn is you pay as you go. You don't pay for a class until you enroll in it, so if at some point you decide it isn't what you wanted, you haven't paid the whole amount.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts