VeggieBoards banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had a feeling it would go like this. I finally got back over there today.<br><br>
Yesterday I was feeling so tried I could hardly use my computer, which probably means I need another mega B vitamin dose...and the two days before I got dragged off to massage.<br><br><br><br>
The rasbora is still there, there is now a thin looking adult syno eupterus, which was either hiding before or new.I'd love to have that fish too as I've already got a trio of adult eupterus.<br><br><br><br>
However.....I'm already trying to breed my clown plecos, trying to rescue a rasbora and getting a pair of killifish from a breeder and to top it off, I doubt my parents want any more fish in those two boarded tanks.<br><br><br><br>
Between the killifish and aquiring two more rasboras, I'll be dealing with two quarantine tanks. Shame since I think the syno will die without TLC...but I can't take on more then I can handle either.<br><br><br><br>
As expected, i found someone who is in maintence and they have no idea who cares for the fish. I suspect it is a professional service who comes at a certain time to do water changes and then leaves.<br><br>
Will keep on trying.

·
Registered
2,186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
If anyone has any leads or wants to step in themselves I'm not sure where to go next with this fish rescue. Never done something like before.

·
Registered
564 Posts
i keep fish where i are you located and what the entire situation how big are your tanks and how big are the fish sorry lots of questions i used to work at a shop called sherman tank company so i have lots of expercince with tanks will help i much as i can

·
Registered
2,186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Bennington, VT (If in the area, the tanks are in the hospital, one on the first floor and the second on the second floor.)<br><br>
My boarded tanks (150 gal, 55 gal) my tank setup with me is a half filled 20 gal.<br><br><br><br>
Their fish range in size from the foot long pacu to the fully grown but tiny harlequin rasbora.<br><br><br><br>
But the tank setups arn't the problem since I'm sure rasboras could live in a ten gal, the problem is finding/contacting whoever takes care of them to see if I can buy the rasbora off of them. Quite honestly even if I found them...it's really akward asking to BUY a fish from their public tank which is why I really hoped someone here did it before.<br><br><br><br>
It's not that I couldn't aquire a rasbora since are easily available at the LFS, Just I was trying to save this one.

·
Registered
5,220 Posts
I would keep asking around to find out who is taking care of the aquaria in the hospital. Then again, I don't know if I would be that assertive... I hope I would be. Since the fish are still alive, someone must be taking care of them.

·
Registered
564 Posts
yea just dont worry about what the people are going to think just ask them its the fish your worried about and want to save so who cares what they think i mean dont be a dick about it but i would be assertive enough to fibnd out whos taking care of it

·
Registered
2,186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yeah it won't stop from trying, though it does make it harder.<br><br>
Who do you think I should ask besides maintence which I tried?.<br><br>
I doubt any of the doctors or nurses know anything about the fish care.<br><br><br><br>
I wonder if just leaving a note on the tank itself would be a good idea.<br><br>
Saves me the akward nature of asking, making several trips to the hospital plus I might get ahold them eventually.<br><br><br><br>
Depending on how often they come, it might be a month or more likley my note will get thrown away by maintence.

·
Registered
5,220 Posts
I thought about leaving a note on the tank, but I was worried that a note might attract the attention of vandals. I'm paranoid, I guess...

·
Registered
564 Posts
no i would ask anyone at the hospital just say hey who takes care of the tank and mabey you could get a number or a way to get a hold of him that would be good or you could ask if you could leave contact info with someone and then he could call you so yea i would just ask the worst they could say is i dont now or no you can have the fish heck mabey they will be glad to be rid of it and you have a happy fish cause youll take care of it

·
Registered
2,186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I don't think I'll be able to do another attempt for another month. I hope someone else can step in and make another attempt in the meantime.<br><br><br><br>
Second floor of the Bennington Hospital and one of the first waiting rooms you'll find. Please let us know how it turns out and I'm sorry I have to drop out on this rescue on account of my metabolism disorder and finanical problems.

·
Registered
5,220 Posts
I hope you're feeling better soon, and that your financial problems clear up.

·
Registered
2,186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Sad thing is.....I don't think anyone else is compassianate enough to make a rescue attempt and I bet despite my pleas nobody has been moved to do so. I just hoped my public announcements helped inspire compassion in the public to act and perform small acts of kindness.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts