·
Registered
1,938 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
~

·
Registered
25,067 Posts
1. Whether the container has to be shaken or not.
2. Cost
3. Taste
4. Ethical impact on both the abused cows and on the environment. Health issues.

If someone orders his or her priorities like this, when choosing what form of milk to buy, another person should glue Tim Allen's pubic hair all over that someone's face.

·
Registered
3,910 Posts
Wait, this is considered an inconvenience? I do this just for the hell of it!

·
Registered
4,819 Posts
Those commercials would make me want to drink the alternatives--the shaking lady is kind of "cute" shaking the crap out of it for no reason. The other ones are just dumb. Actually they're all so dumb I'd think "if milk does that to you...." and I'd run for the alternatives.

Plus there's something else that's potentially hurting milk sales, at least in my town where the alternatives are 1/3 the section I believe: the alternatives are cheaper than milk for the same amount! Normally they were a bit more, not sure if the holiday did it or what, but last visit the prices were reversed.

·
Registered
3,910 Posts
Quote:
Client: California Milk Processor Board
Agency: Goodby, Silverstein & Partners
Co-Chairman/Partner: Jeff Goodby
Executive Creative Director: Christian Haas
Copywriter: Pete Harvey
Art Director: Karen Land
Head of Broadcast Production: Cindy Fluitt
Producer: Jake Grand
Managing Partner: Robert Riccardi
Account Director: Kelly Johnson
Account Manager: Krista Kelly

Production Company -- MJZ
Director -- Craig Gillespie
DP -- Gyula Pados
Executive Producer -- Emma Wilcockson
Line Producer -- Deb Tietjan

Editorial Company -- Hutchco Technologies
Editor: Jim Hutchins
Ass. Editor: Joaquin Machado
Executive Producer: Jane Hutchins

VFX / Final Conform-- A52
Lead Flame Artist -- Glen Tebbutt
Producer -- Jamie Mcbriety
Head of Production -- Megan Meloth

Music/Sound Design -- Human World Wide

Mix -- Lime Studios
Engineer -- Rohan Young

Telecine -- Company 3
This is the credits list from the last video. From one video.

I don't know why but that just made me laugh for some reason.

·
Registered
8,743 Posts
That reminds me of the Seinfeld episode in which Elaine wants juice but is too lazy to shake it. Jerry gently inverts it and says, "Yeah, this is real hard..."

I don't even get that first commercial. How hard is it to shake something?

·
Registered
5,299 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irizary View Post

That reminds me of the Seinfeld episode in which Elaine wants juice but is too lazy to shake it. Jerry gently inverts it and says, "Yeah, this is real hard..."

I don't even get that first commercial. How hard is it to shake something?
That's the first thing I thought of too.

·
Registered
20,217 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by vegkid View Post

Wait, this is considered an inconvenience? I do this just for the hell of it!
Exactly. I've found myself shaking stuff that doesn't need to be shaken just out of habit.

·
adapt. evolve. become
1,374 Posts
I never shake soy/almond/rice/coconut/oat/etc milk before drinking.. o.e
Funny commercial though

I'd rather drink milk that doesn't come from an animal.. tastes better. Might cost more, but it's worth it.
Although since I don't shake it, I guess I'm doing it wrong. Oh well, tastes fine to me.

·
Registered
1,714 Posts
The commercials are just a reflection of how worried the Dairy Council/Industry are of alternative "milks" and the impact they are having on dairy sales.

·
Registered
3,910 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forster View Post

The commercials are just a reflection of how worried the Dairy Council/Industry are of alternative "milks" and the impact they are having on dairy sales.
This is very true. I've been seeing commercials on TV for Silk and Almond milk. Never used to see those until a few months ago, when the online Silk ads were all the rage.

·
Registered
6,609 Posts
I bet the dairy industry is worried. Now, when I go into grocery stores, it seems like there is at least one refrigerator of different types of alternative milks. I think the dairy industry is still doing well when it comes to cheese and yogurt though.

·
Super Moderator
8,961 Posts
It seems dairy causes instability in people. I've never gone ballistic giving anything a few good shakes! My kids were never scared of it either, dairy also must cause instability in children.

Quote:
Originally Posted by amhappy1 View Post

We should make a counter-ad about how that one second of shaking counts as exercise.
Yep! and non dairy milks are healthier.

Maybe that lady was demonstrating how horrifying the dairy industry is.

·
Registered
6,548 Posts
She was demonstrating how the dairy industry is trying to assault the non-dairy industry by shaking it.

Or maybe it represents baby-shaking, thus making the dairy industry a baby killing one.

·
Registered
1,349 Posts
Alternative milks are definitely getting more popular here. I went into the grocery store yesterday and they had no unsweetened almond, soy, or rice milk left. I had to get vanilla
And I can never get any french vanilla soy creamer.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts