VeggieBoards banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Many years ago Parents regularly wormed themselves and their children. We still worm animals for heartworm, pin worm, round worm, tapeworm etc. But do any of us worm ourselves anymore? With all the parasites out there I am thinking that maybe we should. I have decided to make up a herbal anti-parasitic blend to try. Has anybody else tried any remedies, either prescribed by a doctor or an alternative method?

The Medical community is now proving that many illnesses and disease are caused by an overabundance of internal parasites.

·
Registered
5,934 Posts
Are you willing to share your herbal blend recipe? Aren't a lot of vermifuges toxic (such as Artemesia)?

·
Registered
6,902 Posts
Well there are many parasites that just live their life and go away on their own if not reinfected. One would have to consider the possible harm of the dewormer vs. the harm of the parasite and the chances that one has parasites.

Have there been any studies showing that a large portion of people in industrialized societies have these kinds of parasites? For example, have autopsies or MRIs shown a large number of us have worms?

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
http://www.innvista.com/health/micro...es/default.htm There is a whack of information here about worms etc.

Ludi, if I make up a blend to try, I will let you know how it worked and what I used in the blend. I never recommend any of my own remedies until I have tried them myself.

Thalia, I do not know off hand what studies have been done, but I am going to look into it.

·
Registered
16,090 Posts
We worm our pets mainly because they eat poop.

Stop eating poop that you find laying around outside and you won't need to worry about worming yourself.

·
Registered
18,833 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kpickell View Post

Stop eating poop that you find laying around outside and you won't need to worry about worming yourself.

·
Registered
6,902 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kpickell View Post

And because they eat raw meat when they kill and eat animals. Many parasites have a life cycle that requires eating an animal (raw) that has eaten eggs.

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
poopoo to you too kpickell, OK so I stop eating poop no more poop parasites. But what about the parasites that lurk in the air you breathe, the water you drink, the veggies you eat and the ground you walk on?

·
Registered
15,684 Posts
Can vegetarians get worms through eating veg sushi? I was talking last night with a woman who said her brother is on the Ohio health department, and he advised all people to steer clear of sushi bars because "most" people who get worms in the U.S. picked them up through sushi.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Quote:
Thalia, I do not know off hand what studies have been done, but I am going to look into it.
so then why did you post this?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DLS View Post

The Medical community is now proving that many illnesses and disease are caused by an overabundance of internal parasites.
where are they proving it? show me. i think you heard something on a infomercial and think that it's a scientific fact.

oh, AFAIK the parasities that can be found in raw sushi are visible to the naked eye.

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Sorry purrpelle if I am a little slow to find some kinda proof for ya, I only have about 1 hour a day to work on my computer, cause that is all my solar power will allow me, LOL And part of that time is spent chatting with friends and family as well, so since I do not have a lot of time on line to surf for SCIENTIFIC PROOF maybe you could and then let us all know what you find OK? And what the heck is an infomercial anyway, as up in the bush I only get 2 channels with my old outdoor antenna.

·
Registered
0 Posts
It has nothing to do with the internet. where did you get the information that you posted?

why would you post something to the entire board, stating "The Medical community is now proving that many illnesses and disease are caused by an overabundance of internal parasites" without any basis in fact?

where did you get that info, that the medical comunity is proving these things?

·
Registered
995 Posts
There are some studies done and it is said that as high as 85% of the population could have one parasite or another but not as if that is a worry, most parasites are pretty harmless it is only certain ones that are a danger.

For instance I got a tapeworm when I was younger that sent my glucouse levels spinning, Tape worm can cause hypoglycemia like illness in normal people, just think about what it can do to diabetic spectrum people.

Pinworms , round worm, giardia all happen fairly often.

People think of parasites as a third world only kind of thing but thats not true.

You can get them via bad hygine ( going to the bathroom and not washing your ahnds, finger sin mouth chewing your nails etc)

I mean just think about were you hands touch everyday out in public then you put them in your mouth.

Or when cleaning the litter box you can inhale dorment eggs.

Or going and eating at a resterant and the cook did not wash his or her hands before touching food again.

Giardia heaven and that is one is gotten pretty often, often called an intestional bug and your given meds for it.

Another way of contracting things like that is through lakes, rivers, streams dontcha just hate it when you accedently swallow water ???

Specialy if someone upstread took a poo in or near the water.

Yay for the CDC, all the info you need in like to become paranoid of everything!

http://www.cdc.gov/

Walking barefoot in the grass, hookworms can and do infest humans but we are not their natural host and they tend to die off.

·
Registered
15,684 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ayrlin View Post

There are some studies done and it is said that as high as 85% of the population could have one parasite or another but not as if that is a worry, most parasites are pretty harmless it is only certain ones that are a danger.

For instance I got a tapeworm when I was younger that sent my glucouse levels spinning, Tape worm can cause hypoglycemia like illness in normal people, just think about what it can do to diabetic spectrum people.

Pinworms , round worm, giardia all happen fairly often.

People think of parasites as a third world only kind of thing but thats not true.

You can get them via bad hygine ( going to the bathroom and not washing your ahnds, finger sin mouth chewing your nails etc)

I mean just think about were you hands touch everyday out in public then you put them in your mouth.

Or when cleaning the litter box you can inhale dorment eggs.

Or going and eating at a resterant and the cook did not wash his or her hands before touching food again.

Giardia heaven and that is one is gotten pretty often, often called an intestional bug and your given meds for it.

Another way of contracting things like that is through lakes, rivers, streams dontcha just hate it when you accedently swallow water ???

Specialy if someone upstread took a poo in or near the water.

Yay for the CDC, all the info you need in like to become paranoid of everything!

http://www.cdc.gov/

Walking barefoot in the grass, hookworms can and do infest humans but we are not their natural host and they tend to die off.
Do you have specific press releases or other links to info on the CDC website to back up your claims here?

·
Registered
6,902 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DLS View Post

...so since I do not have a lot of time on line to surf for SCIENTIFIC PROOF maybe you could and then let us all know what you find OK?
Well I think the point is, if a person makes a claim, they should be the one who has already looked for the scientific proof. The burden of proof is on the person who makes the claim.

I would like to say that those looking to refute a claim made should feel free to just wait for the person making the claim to fail to deliver, but in this world where people are so eager to believe any old claim they hear, in the interest of knowledge and truth, unfortunately, the skeptics often feel that if they aren't the ones who take the time to refute claims, people will just continue passing on crazy ideas and people will continue to believe them.

So once again- in industrialized nations, what percentage of people have been shown to have harmful (we all have things like mites) parasites, and how was this shown? (and what kind of parasites? intestinal, or what?)

I have read the as high as 85% but when I read a number high like that, it was referring to children in third world countries.

·
Registered
15,684 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ayrlin View Post

Well that IS why I included the link to the CDC yanno
It's a big website. I was hoping you'd expediate the searching process for us by linking to specific urls on the CDC site that you have (hopefully) already read, and from which you got your info.

·
Registered
995 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by skylark View Post

It's a big website. I was hoping you'd expediate the searching process for us by linking to specific urls on the CDC site that you have (hopefully) already read, and from which you got your info.
Oh well you did not say which you wanted to read about so I just pointed to the CDC websight, there is a search feature there just type in what you want.

But ehre since I spoke of giardia here is the link to it and how we tend to get it.

http://www.cdc.gov/ncidod/dpd/parasi...ht_giardia.htm

1 - 20 of 36 Posts