·
Registered
1,938 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
<p>~</p>

·
Registered
7,245 Posts
My stepmom had adenomyosis. She was getting anemia from it. She had a hysterectomy. She's been off work for a month. She had considerable pain for quite a while, but I guess that goes with the territory.

·
Registered
1,938 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
<p>~</p>

·
Registered
7,245 Posts
Yes she was too, for well over a year also. It's too soon after hers for discussing the long term effects. She's glad she had it done though. My mom had a hysterectomy 20 years ago, and had no complications. Though she felt she hadn't looked into the alternatives enough at the time. She felt she had been rushed into making the decision. It looks like you are weighing all your alternatives though, so that shouldn't be an issue. I hope it works out for you, whatever you decide!

·
Registered
1,929 Posts
last year I was in discomfort that turned into horrific pain from fibriods that weights about 5lbs and were squashing my internal organs (my stomach was pushed up between my ribs) and by the end was barely able to pee--it felt like I was peeing glass and I could only ever get out a trickle. I was really ill--sluggish, greenish, anemic and bloated like I was 6 months pregnant. i had an emergency hysterectomy last March and it was the best thing I ever did.<br><br>
yes the recover period was difficult--I had 10 weeks off work (most people can go back after 6-8--mine was a "very traumatic" surgery as I nearly died from uremic poisoning) and was very weak in the begining (I have a 7 inch vertical scar--the longest my surgeon had ever had to cut--lucky me) but feel amazing a year later. I am so healthy and fit and full of energy and at 41 my heath is the best that it has ever been. I always had menstrual issues for my whole life and always had stomach problems--that we thought was IBS but since the surgery have gone. It was the best decision I ever did. Good luck with whatever you do. Since mine was just over a year ago feel free to PM me if you want to discuss things further.

·
Registered
1,929 Posts
Whisper--any word? have you looked into alternatives? What are you going to do? yes a hysterectomy is serious surgery, and yes the recover time is about 6-8 weeks for a normal procedure--and yes you will be that tired and weak and no lifting or whatever--but if you are having any sort of problems it will solve them.<br><br>
Let us know how you are and what choices you made.

·
Registered
1,938 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
<p>~</p>

·
Registered
1,929 Posts
Jinkies that seems like a long time! Hope it will be soon. Good luck with whatever you choose. If you need advice feel free to PM.

·
Registered
1,938 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
<p>~</p>

·
Registered
1,929 Posts
Woah that seems a long time. Hope you are not in discomfort or pain. Do you have medical insurance?

·
Registered
1,929 Posts
Whisper--what did the gyno say? Are you ok?

·
Registered
1,938 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
<p>~</p>

·
Registered
1,929 Posts
I am sorry you seem to be getting the run around. I hope you can find a solution that makes you feel better. Hugs.

·
Registered
1,938 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
<p>~</p>

·
Registered
1,938 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
<p>~</p>

·
Registered
1,929 Posts
I know people rag on the NHS but I saw a consultant in 6 weeks --saw him on a friday and was in hospital by Monday, surgery on Wednesday. But then they were concerned my kidneys were failing.<br><br>
I wish the US would adopt socialized medicine like we have here.<br><br>
Is the IUD in--how is it working (or not working?)

·
Registered
1,938 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
<p>~</p>

·
Registered
1,929 Posts
Why are they saying you need an IUD? What are your problems? My friend clare had HEAVY periods and they put somehting up there (maybe an IUD?) that stopped her periods and she felt great--but then had to have to have a blood test to see if she was menopausal as she wasn't bleeding anymore.<br><br>
I never had heavy periods even though my fibroids were flippin' HUGE by the end. I just had pain and organ displacement.<br><br>
Wishing you best of luck with this. Are you in pain? I hope not--it would be horrible to make you wait if you were in pain.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts