Registered
1,938 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
~

·
Registered
10,324 Posts
Yep! She's hilarious.
It's also great how JC Penney not only hired her to be their spokesperson, but also defended her towards all the negative backlash they received after their announcement.

·
Registered
663 Posts
I don't know who or what those names are. The ads might be on here though as far as I know, I don't watch enough TV to tell.

·
Registered
10,324 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Savvington View Post

I don't know who or what those names are. The ads might be on here though as far as I know, I don't watch enough TV to tell.
I assume you don't live in the US?

·
Registered
1,938 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
~

·
Registered
663 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by fadeaway1289 View Post

I assume you don't live in the US?
Nope.

Quote:
Originally Posted by whisper View Post

JC Pennys is an American department store chain. Ellen DeGeneres is a very popular gay comedian, who has been the target (more than once) of religious, homophobic bullies. When she became the spokesperson for JCP, a religious group called for the boycott of JCP, simply because they hired a gay spokesperson.

Anyway, I posted her videos, I thought they were very amusing.
I expected to have something to say about that but it seems pretty par for the course.

·
Registered
7,245 Posts
Quote:

...When she became the spokesperson for JCP, a religious group called for the boycott of JCP, simply because they hired a gay spokesperson...
I actually keep forgetting that this still matters to some people.

·
Banned
1,189 Posts
I like the part about the toga missing a shoulder. And the locusts being a time reference. LOL !

JCP brand underwear are the only ones I can stand to wear. I tried others, like even a pack of colored hanes, and couldn't stand them. Gotta be white JCP brand with the gold and blue strip on the elastic band. ****, I'm as bad as rainman with his freakin' k-mart underwear fetish.

·
Registered
5,658 Posts
Quote:

JC Pennys is an American department store chain. Ellen DeGeneres is a very popular gay comedian, who has been the target (more than once) of religious, homophobic bullies. When she became the spokesperson for JCP, a religious group called for the boycott of JCP, simply because they hired a gay spokesperson.
I know who Ellen is obviously but I didn't understand the relevance of JCP.

·
Registered
4,093 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by fadeaway1289 View Post

Yep! She's hilarious.
It's also great how JC Penney not only hired her to be their spokesperson, but also defended her towards all the negative backlash they received after their announcement.
totally agree

Peace

1 - 16 of 16 Posts