VeggieBoards banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
9,260 Posts
I've seen machines that look like bicycles, but they exercise the upper body. I would also think that making frequent use of a manual wheelchair would help a lot. Other possibilities include swimming.

·
Registered
8,451 Posts
well, a lot of my clients who are in wheel chairs (either permenantly or temporarily) do really well with weight training, yoga (i teach a specialized class for those in wheel chairs), and swimming.

·
Registered
3,037 Posts
I would think upper body weight training. I don't know if this is temporary situation, but you could also put ankle weights on and do some leg exercises. I suppose swimming and/or yoga could work too like the above suggestions. the first thing I thought was upper body weight training. Good luck to you!

·
Registered
54 Posts
I'm bumping this topic: I'm looking for some cardio I can do, I'm in a wheelchair, and I need suggestions that dont involve "going for a walk/wheel" or swimming... Soon there shall be snow, so walking will do me no good, and the pool simply isnt an option for me.

Anyone? Im doing this for weightloss, so it has to be fat burning

·
Banned
3,965 Posts
I'd suggest that you'd benefit most from a one on one session with a physiotherapist to set up a programme for you. Or talk to human movement students at your nearest tertiary institution.

Robert Cheeke at veganfitness.net is a very helpful person. (The site seems to be down at the moment)

Sporting Wheelies in Brisbane have a gym that only costs $2.50 a visit and I wonder if you have anything like that near you.

I just Googled 'wheelchair fitness' and got a whole swag of results.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.