VeggieBoards banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Impeach the gangster
10,052 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here's the obligatory, "Not sure if this is the right place to post this or not," disclaimer....

http://vitals.msnbc.msn.com/_news/20...-heart-disease

At any rate, I'm glad to see such a story come through in the main-stream media.

I was struck by the statement, it requires the equivalent of burning 7-pounds of coal to make a quarter pounder with cheese.

·
Registered
663 Posts
I'd find this more interesting if they included more data about the diets and lifestyle of the people who did and didn't eat those things.

·
Banned
7,160 Posts
This is being discussed on a general, non-veg forum I'm a member of. I haven't looked at it because I know there will be some idiots with their "I'd rather die early than give up nice juicy steak" comments, but this is getting attention so woo.

·
Registered
642 Posts
I think they were talking about this same study on CNN earlier. I was sort of excited....until I heard the lady on tv say "You don't have to go vegetarian, but trading out meat for other foods like chicken, fish, or nuts is a step in the right direction."

I get that they're different from beef, but to imply that they aren't meat? Maybe chicken and fish will end up being reclassified as vegetables, just like pizza.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts