VeggieBoards banner
1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I'm a huge HP fan and I just wanted to see if anyone here shared my passion? Feel free to share views on Order of the Phoenix, fanfiction, or any of the movies, whatever.

Just a little about me: I'm nervous about OotP because I don't actually want to know what happens. I am content in my three year imagination period where I (and countless other fanfiction writers and readers) declare what happens. When OotP comes out, it's just one more step towards Book 7 and THE END! NO!

So I'm getting ahead of myself. Post! I know I'm not alone...

·
Registered
2,648 Posts
Not only am I a huge HP fan...I'm a fanfic author, fanfic reader, and unabashed slash fangirl.

Yes, I ship HP/DM.

Do you go to Fiction Alley?

I think there's another thread on this already, but it's buried somewhere and I don't feel like digging it up. Bleh.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
YAY for D/H! I'm at fanfiction alley but honestly it's a very confusing website for me because there's so much. I can never figure it out. Am I correct in thinking that by going to the Guns n Handcuffs post I can see the D/H stories that are up? But if that's the case, there don't seem to be that many considering how much slash is out there. I dunno.

If you guys are interested in other H/D sites here are a few I know of if you don't already:

The PSA

http://www.psa.shadow-wrapped.net/

Pure Magnetism

http://www.sarcastic-muse.com/puremagnetism/

The Restricted Section.org

http://www.restrictedsection.org/splash.html

·
Registered
2,648 Posts
Aaah! Thank you for the D/H links, Valerie!

I usually use the "Point Me!" function on FA to find the fics I want. It takes you to a forum where you can cruise listings for good fics.

I recommend "Irresistable Poison" by Rhysenn, which is easily my favorite HP/DM fic of all time. My other favorite HP/DM author is Chiya. Everything she writes is awesome. ^___^

Speaking of fics...it's about time I check FA for chapter updates. Chocolate Tofutti and HP/DM...I'm in heaven!

·
Registered
478 Posts
I wouldn't say I'm a die-hard fan by anymeans, but i'm starting to get into it.. i've seen both the movies out so far, i just recently read the first book .. hoping to read the 2nd one sometime too if i get the time for it. Seems like after the 2nd one the books get helluh thick! But then, I've read Jordan's Eye of the World and MZB's Mists of Avalon, so the longer HP books shouldn't be much trouble

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
ceryna, I think you mentioned that you write fanfic. What are your stories I'd love to read them! I've read "Irresistable Poison" and I loved it. I just read AN AMAZING! fic the other day that left me breathless. It was called "Ruses" by Empress of the Eclipse. Here's the link if you're interested.. it was so realistic that I felt everything going on and it left me amazed. It's a little dark, though. Not usually my style but still worth reading!

http://www.sarcastic-muse.com/purema...se/ruses00.htm

·
Registered
2,648 Posts
I've read that one. ^_^

It is a bit dark...and I'm more than a little susceptible to fluff. ^^;;

As for my own fanfics, I haven't posted any of my HP stuff yet...although I'm working on a HP/DM fic.

I'll let you know when it's ready to be seen. ^^

·
Registered
7,866 Posts
I'm really excited for the new book. My local bookstore is opening at midnight for a Harry Potter party. I'm definitely going to go.

I look forward to discussing the book here.

·
Registered
0 Posts
hey don't say any thing bout what's going to happen i am incredebly excited bout this book and it's getting released in New Zealand in 6 days

yea i love harry potter

·
Registered
2,648 Posts
I heard a rumor that cute ickle Danny-kins (Daniel Radcliffe) wants to go back to school after the third movie.

Which means that there will be a new actor for Harry Potter in the rest of the movies. (If they keep making them, which I assume they will, given how popular they are.)

That makes me sad.

Not that I don't understand his desire to go back to school, but Daniel Radcliffe IS Harry Potter.

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
Yeah... although I don't liked the movies even a tiny fraction as much as the books, I'd rather the actors they have now stayed.

Fifth book is out on June 21st!
You wouldn't believe how many times I've watched the movies, read the books over, and read fanfics (started Irresistable Poison) since I got back from Dorian Sunday! I'm... let's say... incredibly entralled.

·
Registered
2,648 Posts
I'm going to be at the Harry Potter Party at Borders on Friday night at Midnight, picking up my pre-ordered copy of OotP! ^_____^

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
Ah! I just finished Irresistable Poison. I almost started crying at the end... after throughout certain parts I told them aloud to "just snog already". That's the best H/D fic I've ever read... and I've read quite a few (most of them Piri's).

·
Registered
2,648 Posts
I like Rhysenn, Plumeria, and Chiya.

Eeeee! Irresistable Poison is SO good. ^____^

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Daniel has said recently that that was just a rumour and he's 90% sure that he'll be doing the fourth movie. There was also this:

http://www.reuters.com/newsArticle.j...toryID=2944479

which states that there's going to be a fifth movie. Whether or not a fifth movie is in the works I don't know but I'm rather sure all three actors will stay on for at least the 4th movie, worry not!

·
Registered
2,648 Posts
Oh, thank you Valerie! *squees*

1 - 20 of 58 Posts