VeggieBoards banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

Registered
Stromer ST-5 E-bike
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm delighted to share my intro on the veggieboard and thank you for reading in advance. I'm 51. The first time I chose the plant-based way was a coming-together of the effect of some formative books and music I read when I was a teenager that started me down this path:
  • Upton Sinclair's The Jungle: a fiction about life for a Chicago Stockyards worker, (got double-whammied on the no meat and no capitalist running-dog factory oppression),
  • Rachel Carson Silent Spring,
  • EF Shumacher: Small is Beautiful,
  • The Smiths: Meat is Murder. Can't imagine why that! 馃槅
Anyway, even before any of this, I can remember not feeling quite right about eating animals. I don't have many vegan or vegetarian friends. I'm excited to join this community.

Seth

Registered
I'm delighted to share my intro on the veggieboard and thank you for reading in advance. I'm 51. The first time I chose the plant-based way was a coming-together of the effect of some formative books and music I read when I was a teenager that started me down this path:
  • Upton Sinclair's The Jungle: a fiction about life for a Chicago Stockyards worker, (got double-whammied on the no meat and no capitalist running-dog factory oppression),
  • Rachel Carson Silent Spring,
  • EF Shumacher: Small is Beautiful,
  • The Smiths: Meat is Murder. Can't imagine why that! 馃槅
Anyway, even before any of this, I can remember not feeling quite right about eating animals. I don't have many vegan or vegetarian friends. I'm excited to join this community.

Seth
New 2022 Merchandise on sale with a 10% discount The Spiritual Life Of A Vegan | Bonfire 馃尳馃尠馃珣馃珢馃崕馃崘馃崘馃馃キ馃崍馃崏

1 - 3 of 3 Posts