VeggieBoards banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
6,793 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I hope all my American friends have a good Independence Day, and everyone else has a good 4th of July.

·
Registered
20,217 Posts
It's not yet the Fourth. It's not even the Forth.
It's still the third here for 2 1/2 more hours.

Fireworks are going off somewhere. The noise has caused two of my cats to go into hiding. The third cat is still sitting on the bed, but she definitely looks stressed out by the noise.

·
Registered
632 Posts
I live 30 miles from the U.S. border. I've never been to the states.
I should really go and see what the fuss is about.

·
Arrrg! Me mateys.
5,591 Posts
Fireworks have been going off nonstop 'round these parts for the last few days, and no doubt 10x more later today. It's 3am and I'm STILL hearing some.

Happy Fourth!

·
Registered
3,705 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by theLaika View Post

You should. Even my friend from Spain enjoys the 4th of July here!

·
Registered
4,483 Posts
I love July 4th. It's laid back and festive at the same time. Good food, lots of outdoor fun and time with friends and family. One of my favorites. I tend to go a little overboard with the red, white and blue thing. Happy Fourth, wherever you are!

·
Ankle Biter
9,333 Posts
We had a spectacular Fourth of July fireworks show last night over the Jame River - it was absolutely beautiful!

Today we're doing a traditional feast (ok, so maybe not completely traditional, since it will be all vegan
): Hot dogs, potato salad, baked beans, roasted corn, sliced tomatoes and blueberry pie.

·
Registered
6,609 Posts
I saw some lovely fireworks as I drove 4.5 hours from the mountains yesterday. I was glad I got to enjoy it a little bit, even if I was whizzing by in my car.

Fixed the thread title for ya!

·
Registered
2,272 Posts
I wanted to go up north to visit my folks even tho they had traditional foods there but my aunt is visiting and with her daughter I never met and they was planning to see me but, we couldn't because of the deal in our recent days. Anyhow, we are eating some good grub on our new small grill and later we are going on top of a mountain road and look around for some fireworks.

·
Registered
2,914 Posts
Happy 4th! My plan is my friend is picking me up at 12 or 1 PM, we're going over to her place and B will pick me up on his way home. I plan on sitting in their yard reading, vegging out, and possibly helping her with what I can.

·
Registered
6,793 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by theLaika View Post

You should. Bellingham, WA might have a good display.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PiSis View Post

Happy Independence Day/Fourth of July!

this is old, yet never gets old. and the kids love it...

fireworkspop.com
Thanks for sharing that cool site.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dormouse View Post

I saw some lovely fireworks as I drove 4.5 hours from the mountains yesterday. I was glad I got to enjoy it a little bit, even if I was whizzing by in my car.

Fixed the thread title for ya!
I'm glad to hear you saw some fireworks, and thanks for fixing the title.

·
Registered
2,769 Posts
I will watch the fireworks from my front yard. The city puts on a great show at the park just up the street. I do not have to deal with the traffic involved in actually going up there. YAY!!

·
Registered
632 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Purp View Post

Thanks for sharing that cool site.
yer welcome!
we have some kiddies/nieces coming over later and we'll have it on the desktop PC screen in the main house, so they can meander over throughout the day and "fire at will"!

·
Registered
1,995 Posts
Good lord... My neighbors got started at 12:01am.
It's not the fireworks that kept me awake... it was the quivering mass of German-Shepard-Mutt I had wrapped around my head.

·
Registered
12,079 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hazelnut View Post

It's not the fireworks that kept me awake... it was the quivering mass of German-Shepard-Mutt I had wrapped around my head.
lol...poor puppy.

·
Registered
0 Posts
I had an early bbq yesterday and was able to get an excellent view of a city doing a firework shows in a park. Too bad to some folks in my neighborhood, fireworks also mean unloading their guns at various time at night into the air.

·
Registered
6,793 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hazelnut View Post

Your neighbors had a late start. Mine started when the fireworks stands opened on June 27.
Mind, this is in a town where private "at home" firework displays are illegal. Sorry about your dog, though. My cat's been in and out all day, and nothing, not even fireworks, phased him at all.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts